When it comes to keeping your car looking its very best, having a best car buffer can drastically cut down on the amount of elbow grease that you’ll need to use. Hand waxing can do a decent job of bringing out the shine, but there is no replacement for a great buff job to maximize shine and help revitalize the color of your paint. The intense rubbing action can really only be achieved by mechanical means, so you’ll get a more intense shine that is longer lasting. Once you’ve used a best car buffer, you won’t want to return to hand polishing.
Types of Car Buffers
Whether you’re a professional detailer or you’re simply into keeping your own car looking its best, it’s good to know about the different types of buffers out there and what they do. There are chiefly two main types and these are pneumatic and electric. Pneumatic is powered by compressed air and the electric of course, by electricity.
Advantages of Pneumatic Car Buffers
Pneumatic buffers require less maintenance and they are more lightweight making them easier to handle. The electric version contains more internal parts which increase the weight. This can lead to hand and arm fatigue fairly quickly. The downside is that you must be near an air compressor to use them. You can’t just plug them in to a different power source.
Benefits of Electric Car Buffers
Electric car buffers run more quietly than those powered by compressed air. They are also less expensive to purchase. A third advantage is that they do not require the use of an air compressor so they are more portable meaning you can transport and use them anywhere there is an electrical power supply. The main drawbacks associated with electric car buffers are the greater number of working parts that can wear out more quickly.
Considerations For First Time Buffer Users
The best car buffers are great for reducing the amount of time and effort that it takes to improve a car’s appearance. There is also a learning curve involved with their use. Machine buffing can cause damage to a vehicle if it is not done correctly. It is important to know how to operate a car buffer in order to avoid vehicle damage. In addition to this, learning which chemicals and compounds should be used as well as understanding important facts about paint composition are all really vital before using one. A little education combined with practice and experience are all that is needed to become proficient. This is something that nearly anyone can learn to do so if you’re inexperienced, don’t let that hold you back. There are online seminars, webinars and informational tutorials available at no charge.
What Makes a Car Buffer the Best?
The best car buffers of course are those that are constructed with high quality materials and great workmanship so they will be dependable and durable for longer life. This is just the beginning of the list of things that make a product the best in its class. It must also contain features that make it useful and appealing to the person using it. Here are the six best car buffer reviews for your consideration.
Black & Decker WP900 Car Buffer Review
6 inch orbital random bit waxer and polisher combo delivers fast high quality finish.
- Ergonomic handles
- Provide great hand and wrist support to decrease the amount of hand and arm fatigue.
- Lightweight for ease of handling and maneuverability.
- 10 foot cord
- Reach around larger vehicles and RVs for full coverage without relocating power cord.
- Powerful Action
- 4,400 orbits per minute deliver fast and powerful buffing action to achieve the best possible shine in less time for high quality swirl free finish.
- Powerful buffer gets the job done quickly with the right pads.
- Ergonomical for great control and handles nicely.
- Great orbital buffer for a beginner.
- Easy to use and does not get heavy during use.
- Pads in the box are not worth using and need replacing.
The Black and Decker 6 inch Random Orbit Waxer/Polisher has earned its place as a top contender as one of the best car buffers with a customer rating of 4.2 out of a possible 5 stars. It is easy to use and does a pretty decent job of delivering the shine without tiring the hands and wrists. Replacing the stock pads will give you the best possible results with this waxer. It’s easy to control and has plenty of power to do the work so you don’t have to. We’re pleased to recommend this buffer as one of teh best in the class of orbit style waxer/polishers.
DEWALT DWP849X Buffer Review
The DeWalt Variale Speed Polisher with soft start combines power with control with high performance and plenty of power for fine detail jobs.
The 12 amp motor features variable speed capacities for setting the pace and maintaining the control that you need. 1,250 max watts out for tougher and more challenging jobs with two finger variable speed trigger that puts you in charge of the momentum at all times. soft start gives you improved speed control to arrive at a perfected finish quality.
The lifespan of the polisher is lengthened by the integrated wool ingestion shields that reduce the need for servicing and repairs.
Ergonomically designed handle with a three position bale design by the traditional side handle gives you a variety of gripping optioons for finding the perfect position for maximum comfort regardless of the angle. Decreases hand and arm fatigue.
Easy accesory change
The hook and loop backing pad is compatible with a variety of tools and accessories from various brands. This maximizes your options for easy to change accessories.
- Variable speed option is a big bonus that helps to avoid burning through paint in vulnerable areas.
- Plenty of power when it’s needed and can turn it down when it’s not.
- Great overall quality and build for this product.
- Works like a charm under challenging tasks.
- Heavy and awkward to use for some users.
Overall, this product offers quite a few useful features. In addition to being a powerhouse, it is also a workhorse. Great power control with the variable speed switch. Ergonomical design makes it easy to hold for longer periods of time.
The multiple handle grips makes it twice as nice because there is less need to stop and reposition the polisher or rest the hand/wrist. With the exception of a few users who reported issues with the weight or quality of design, the majority have given rave reviews with an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars for excellence in performance and quality. We chime in with them and recommend this polisher as one of the better options available.
Makita 9237CX3 Polisher Review
Consistent delivery of speed and power in a 7 inch polisher ro polishing stone, clear coat, marine, RV automobile and more.
- Variable speed dial and trigger
- Maintain speed control at all times for professional quality polished finish on a variety of surfaces. Fast and powerful when you need it and controlled and subdued when you don’t .
- Wire mesh intake cover increases the life of the motor by preventing fibers from wool bonnet and other contaminants from entering the inner workings.
- Delicate surface protection
- Rubberized gear housing and loop handle offer protection for delicate surfaces with the dual benefit of adding to operator comfort.
- Does a nice job of removing oxidization from old neglected paint.
- Easy to hold and control. Variable speed a bonus for protecting paint from burn through.
- Powerful enough to cut time for tough jobs in half.
- Less arm fatigue.
- Great product with good design.
- One report of unit leaking oil, but aside from that, the product worked well.
There is little that we can say other than this combination polisher and sander is truly amazing. It offers all of the power that is needed to cut through tough sanding jobs with variable speed control for polishing a variety of different surfaces quickly and efficiently. It easily buffs out old worn paint and restores the color and shine quite remarkably. Packed with features and receiving accolades from users with a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars, we give it a thumbs up as well.
Ryobi RB61G Buffer Review
Ryobi compact orbital buffer delivers professional results with ease and reliability.
- Easy to operate
- Compact in size and lightweight, this buffer features a well balanced design for greater control and ease of handling.
- Professional finish capabilities
- Orbital action is random and smooth for providing a finish that is swirl free.
- Low maintenance
- Bearings are fully contained which delivers operation that is maintenance free
- Easy to wax the car at home with great shine and a show room finish.
- Buffs out oxidized paint patches like a dream.
- Easy to hold without getting hand cramps.
- The finished results are a high gloss finish.
- Some users reported receiving units with mechanical defects and a few others felt that it is too heavy to be comfortably held.
The Ryobi Green 6 inch Orbital Buffer is a compact unit that features amazing balance for greater control of the unit. The maintenance free design makes it a more convenient unit that requires little care. Although there were a few reports of defective units and some prefer a lighter device, the majority gave it high marks for performing well and doing specifically what it was intended to do. The overall rating given for the Ryobi is a 4.3 out of a possible 5 stars which is a pretty decent ranking. Most would recommend it to others and so do we.