A pillow looks tiny and straightforward but it has the potential to provide you with best sleeping experience. It is a pillow that makes your sleep super comfortable, and it is also a pillow that makes you wake up with pain in your neck and shoulders.
A right, comfortable and soft pillow is what you should aim for to spend the best time in the bed every single night.
There are different types of pillows available to choose from. These are divided into two categories:
- Natural pillows
- Synthetic pillows
The cooling pillow is a type of synthetic pillow that is made from the cool gel which promotes airflow, and thus you feel cool and comfortable when using such a pillow. Since a cooling pillow is filled with a cooling gel which is human-made, so it is a type of synthetic pillow.
As these cooling pillows are very famous among people therefore in today’s article, we will review the best cooling pillows.
10. Classic Brands Reversible Cool Gel Memory Foam Pillow Review
It is a reversible cool gel memory foam pillow sold by Classic Brands on Amazon. It is made of 100% polyester. It has memory foam on one of its sides, and the other side has cool gel in it, so this means you can use it both ways and this is the reason why it is known as a reversible pillow.
- It is a reversible pillow that can be used from both sides.
- You can use it as a back pillow, stomach sleeper or it can be used as a side pillow.
- It is 5 inches thick.
- Hypoallergenic pillow.
- It comes with a pillow cover that is machine washable. The cover can be machine washed.
- The pillow has a 3-year warranty.
- This pillow is dust mite resistant.
- Extremely comfortable pillow.
This pillow by Classic Brands has made to the number 10 position in our list of the best cooling pillow. It is no doubt a best one, but customers do not as like it as some of the other pillows (that we will talk about in the next reviews).
9. Penguin Cooling Pillow Mat Review
This cooling pillow from Penguin Pillow Mat is considered to be one of the largest cooling pillows at Amazon. It is 12.2 x 22 inches making it larger than Gel’O cool pillow.
It is soft, comes with a cotton cover which is washable, it is foldable, and it is thin which can be used atop or under your pillow. It is more of a pillow mat and not a pillow itself. So you will need a pillow to use it onto.
- A huge sized pillow mat that can be folded and rolled.
- An extremely easy-to-carry and take with you.
- It is made from a material that does not leak.
- You can refrigerate it as per need to make it extremely cold.
- The gel inside the pillow mat has a continuous piece.
- It contains a macro-molecules cooling gel that’s imported from Japan.
- You can use this Penguin cooling pillow mat to get rid of headaches, hot flashes, neck pain, fever and several other problems.
Penguin Cooling Pillow mat is hugely a decent one on Amazon which has achieved 4.3 average stars from 1085 customers. It is a nice addition to your bedding. It will keep you cool for the most of the night.
8. Dreamfinity Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow Review
This cooling gel memory foam pillow by Dreamfinity is a great one that has the potential to keep your head cool for the longer duration of time with its Hydrauxe Gel Technology. You can use it in any way you like. Use it as a side pillow or back pillow – the way you like it.
It has a microbubble gel layer placed on a memory foam pillow, so basically, you get a pillow and a cooling pillow mat that is placed on the pillow. You can use the pillow from both sides; form the gel side and from the other side without the gel layer.
- A cool and soft pillow that will keep your head cools all night long.
- The pillow has two layers. One has micro bubble gel which is the cooling layer while the other side of the pillow can be used for traditional memory foam pillow.
- The foam molds when you put your head on it making it super relaxing for you.
- It has a breathable mesh cover.
- This pillow uses Hydraluxe Gel Technology that is responsible for keeping your head cool.
7. Pinzon Gel Top Memory Foam Cooling Pillow Review
If you are looking for an affordable yet best cooling pillow, you need to grab this one by Pinzon. It is a memory foam that has a gel top that keeps your head cool.
The pillow is made of memory foam, and there is a gel topping at its one side – the front side. It has a machine washable cover as well.
- It has textured gel pad that keeps your head and neck cool.
- It is also great for head massage.
- The gel pad at the top of the pillow dissipates heat from your head.
- Cover of the pillow is machine washable.
- Since it is made of memory foam, therefore it has the potential to keep your head and neck in the best position.
Pinzon gel top memory foam cooling pillow is a decent and the best cooling pillow in the market for two good reasons. First, it is one of the cheapest and the most affordable cooling pillows. Secondly, it has pressure relieving memory foam that provides you with extra comfort.
6. Classic Brands Cool Sleep Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Gusseted Pillow Review
This is yet another best cooling pillow that has two great features.
First, it uses ventilated gel memory foam to keep your head cool by infusing gel particles into the memory foam. Secondly, this pillow is fairly moldable, and thus it molds itself to keep your muscles in their natural position providing you with extreme comfort.
This Classic Brands cool sleep ventilated gel memory foam pillow is a great one for those who want to enjoy a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
- It is made from 100% cool-pass fiber which does the job of wicking moisture to keep you cool.
- It uses ventilated cool gel to keep the memory foam cool enough throughout the night.
- You can use it as side or back sleeper.
- It is fairly thick providing you with a great sleep experience.
- Air can move freely from the pillow making it cooler.
- It keeps your head, neck, and shoulders in their best position.
- The foam is resistant to bacteria, dust mites, mold and all types of allergens.
- A great pillow for night sweats.
I have to say that this is one of the best cooling pillows in the market for the fact that it has multiple ways to keep you cool all night long. It has holes in the foam, it uses cool-pass fiber, and it also has ventilated cool gel. Together these features provide you with sleep that you have been dreaming of.
5. Iso Cool Side Sleeper Polyester Sleeping Pillow Review
At number fifth in our list of best cooling pillows, we have Iso Cool side sleeper by Sleep Better. It is a soft pillow that is 100% made of polyester. It is made using Outlast Adaptive Comfort Technology that helps you get that cool’s night sleep.
- It is a side sleeper pillow made of 100% polyester.
- It has Outlast Adaptive Comfort Technology that keeps your head cool in the night.
- This pillow has 300 thread count cotton made a pillow cover that can be machine washed.
- It keeps your head and neck in their natural position.
- Perfect for keeping your spinal cord aligned.
Iso Cool side sleeper polyester-made is a good as well as a soft cooling pillow that has made to the fifth place. Though it doesn’t have those amazing ratings but the technology that it is made out from is awesome – Iso Cool.
4. Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review
This shredded memory foam pillow by Good Life Essentials is another best cooling pillow for the fact that it has shredded memory foam which is great for two main reasons.
First, it keeps air circulating all the time thus making your head cool. Second, it supports the proper head and neck alignment so that you don’t wake up with headaches or neck pains.
- Made from shredded memory foam which does an excellent job of keeping your head cool.
- Shredded memory foam is good at keeping your head and neck aligned.
- The cover of the pillow is made of bamboo (50% though) which itself is a very cool natural fabric.
- The cover is washable and is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
3. Gel’O Cool Pillow Review
This cool pillow by Human Creations is another top quality best cooling pillow in the town. There are quite a few significant aspects of this particular cool, for instance, it is fairly large measured 11 x 22 inches, and it can be microwaved as well as put into a refrigerator.
It can absorb heat from your head and dissipate it; this is how it keeps your head cool. If you need to make it chilled, just put it in the refrigerator. You can also use this Gel’O cool pillow as a heat pack. Put it in your microwave for a few minutes, and it will be all set to use as a head pack.
- It is a multipurpose cool pillow.
- It is fairly large as compared to other cooling pillows.
- It is soft, comfortable and odorless.
- You can use it as a heat pack as well as an ice pack.
- It can be refrigerated or microwaved as per need.
- It comes with one year warranty.
- It is made from a leak-proof material.
This Gel’O cooling pillow is a great deal in the town as it can be seen from the reviews and rating that it has gained on Amazon. People who have used it are very happy with the purchase.
2. Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow Review
This is yet another best cooling pillow by Sleep Innovations – Cool Contour memory foam pillow. It is not too soft neither too hard pillow. It comes in multiple sizes. This pillow is made of Cool Foam comfort layer that keeps it cool throughout the night. It has two layered design; high and low loft.
- It has a two-layer design, and it is known as 2-in-1 pillow due to its high and low loft.
- It will keep your head cool all the night. No need to change positions.
- This cooling pillow has an ergonomic shape which keeps your spine and neck at the best-aligned position.
- It can be used as both back and sleep pillow.
- This pillow keeps cool throughout the night.
- It has 5 years manufacturer warranty.
- It is made in the USA.
- It has the potential to mold itself according to your head and neck.
- Best for relieving neck, head and shoulder pains.
- This pillow has a machine washable cover.
- The foam is hypoallergenic and dust mite proof.
If you are looking for an extraordinarily comfortable and smart cooling pillow, this is your best bet. It has been reviewed by 2374 customer, and it has attained 3.8 stars at Amazon. It is now your turn to grab this fantastic best cooling pillow from Sleep Innovations.
1. Sleep Better Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow Review
This Sleep Better Iso-Cool memory foam pillow is the best cooling pillow for the fact that it comes with a lot of features that are not available with most of the other cooling pillows.
It is made of memory foam and has microscopic PCM beads that absorb the heat from your body and make it cool. The memory foam is visco-elastic making it comfortable as well as soft. It has a cotton cover that is machine washable.
- This is one of the few cooling pillows that accesses the body temperature and then makes it hot or cold as per need.
- It is made in the USA.
- It is soft and fairly flexible cooling pillow.
- It is made of microscopic Phase Change Material beads that sense the temperature of your body.
- It has a 300 thread count cotton cover that is machine washable.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- Great for daily use.
At Amazon, Sleep Better Iso-Cool memory foam pillow has been reviewed by 4185, and it has received 3.7 average stars. Despite its high price, this cooling pillow has been purchased by a lot of people at Amazon.
The best cooling pillow for you is out there; you just have to do a bit of effort to find what you are looking for. There are a lot of cooling pillows in the market; we tried to choose and review the 10 best ones for you.
You have to make sure that whatever cooling pillow you have with you has the potential to provide you with best sleeping experience. There is nothing more important than the health and a good night’s sleep.
4 Important Things To Know About An Organic Buckwheat Hull Pillow
One of the problems that people experience these days is interrupted sleep at night or waking up with neck pain. The cause of this problem can be traced from not using the right pillow. Moreover, the greenest product that claims solution for these problems is an organic buckwheat hull pillow.
An organic buckwheat hull pillow is made out of the outer coverings of buckwheat, which is most commonly used in making noodles and other food products in Asian countries as well as beer. The good thing about this pillow is that it has many benefits regarding protecting a person from allergic reactions caused by commercial foams, maintaining proper sleeping posture, as well as being a safe product for the environment.
However, no matter how beneficial a buckwheat hull pillow is for you as a consumer, there are still several things that you have to watch out before and even after you have acquired them like the following:
- Be careful where to get the pillows. Of course, you have to avoid getting inauthentic buckwheat hull pillows as they can have other properties that will not give you the same benefit. Without meticulously looking at the product, you will just waste your money and even get something of low quality. Hence, you have to get them from reliable sellers like J-Life and online stores like Amazon. J-Life has different types of organic buckwheat hull pillows that can perfectly match your needs.
- Although manufacturers claim that this product is hypoallergenic, you may still hear some cases wherein people experience allergic reactions from it. Most of the time, the cause of this allergic reaction is because the buckwheat hulls have not been appropriately cleaned before making. With this, you have to make sure that the manufacturer subjected the buckwheat hulls to proper cleaning procedures like airing or roasting.
- Since this pillow assures proper posture and support, the first thing that may come into your mind is that they are firmer compared to other commercial pillows. Therefore, it is better not to get your kid this type of pillow if you notice that he is very active and loves to do pillow fights. This is a precautionary action to prevent hurting other kids or even themselves with the pillow.
- Finally, be sure to know proper maintenance and proper use of the product like cleaning and heating and cooling for therapy purposes. In this way, you will be able to avoid lowering the quality of your pillow as well as prevent other potential accidents in your home.
Make sure to take note of these things before getting this item for your home. Keep in mind that even if things are beneficial for you, there are still some possible problems that may arise throughout the course of its use
Chillow Pillow – Keeping You Cool
Choosing a Chillow pillow over a normal pillow offers some benefits. Instead of the hot as well as uncomfortable standard pillow why not pick something that is crisp and cool. With a Chillow pillow you can put it in a pillowcase and then add the standard pillow, and in this way, you get to stay cool without having to put the pillow into a fridge to cool your pillow down.
When it comes to purchasing the right such pillow your best bet is to look online where numerous sites are selling these items and for prices that are very affordable. A good such pillow can be bought for about forty dollars for a single pillow and for roughly seventy dollars you can buy a double.
In case you need a larger size, especially when it is to be used for pets, then you will find many options including those that cost between twenty-two and thirty-nine dollars. However, when shopping online, do factor in that the seller will charge extra for shipping the products to you and there are also many different shipping methods to choose from.
You need to also look at the different pillow sizes. The regular sized ones are obviously going to cost you the less while the Plus sized will cost a little extra and then there is the Mini size that could be the least costly. You must also factor in delivery rates and delivery times.
If you want, you can also purchase your chillow pillow from online auction sites where the prices are sure to be more reasonable, and the shipping charges will be waived off. Of course, you can also go down to the closest store that sells beddings and accessories and looks for these pillows there. But, you may not get the same variety as is available when shopping online.