Best Meat Slicer Reviews – Buyer Guide 2021
If you are a lover of a great sandwich, paper-thin slice of ham, turkey and other yummy goodies then come along as we toggle through this meat slicer reviews.
A long time ago I use to think the thin-sliced tomatoes, pickles and onions served in the restaurants must be the handiwork of a professional chef –
– not until I saw a friend of mine using the Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer.
It was that moment it dawned on me that anyone can be a professional chef with the meat slicer at hand.
Therefore, I will like to burst your bubble with the best meat slicer reviews.
This post contains the best meat slicer online, meat slicer buying guide, our 5 top picks and other interesting things you need to know.
Best Meat Slicers
What is a Meat Slicer?
A meat slicer is simply a kitchen gadget used to cut or slice meat to desirable form with great precision.
The meat slicer can slice foods thinner and more consistent than even a skilled professional chef could with a top-quality knife.
Also, the gadget is not limited to the slicing of meat only, it can be used to slice cheese, veggies and other kitchen ingredients.
Furthermore, the efficiency of the slicer is undisputable, either as a manual slicer or electric slicer.
But much emphasis will be laid on the electric meat slicer as it allows one to chop a large scale of food faster. They can slice a large amount of meat and veggies in few minutes compared to slicing with hands.
Therefore, if you are a professional chef, caterer, or home cook then a meat slicer is a must for your kitchen delicacies.
Here at kitchen utility pro! We know making the right choice amidst so many options in the market could be worrisome.
Which meat slicer should I go for?
What meat slicer is affordable? Which slicer is durable and efficient? This is the questions you ask!
Hello! Worry no more! We have done the thinking for you, and we have taken our time to review thoroughly several meat slicers.
In fact, the long list has been trimmed down to the best of the best listed in this article. You can be rest assured our Top 5 Best Meat Slicer Reviews contains the right meat slicer needed in your kitchen.
Meat Slicer Reviews: Top 5 Picks
Chef’sChoice 615A Electric Meat Slicer
There are several meat slicer reviews and on most of this meat slicer reviews, the Arksen electric deli meat slicer is mentioned.
This popularity is due to the efficiency and swiftness of the slicer.
The slicer comes in a simple design, compact, quiet and sturdy fashion.
Arksen meat slicer comes with a serrated steel blade which increases the efficiency and also makes it effective on frozen meat.
The power rating of the gadget is 120watts and this aid with durability.
Additionally, the blade of the meat slicer is 7 inches long hence the maximum thickness of each cut is 3/4 inches.
The meat slicer is user-friendly as it comes with a sliding meat carriage which accounts for user safety.
The blade is a snap to remove for cleaning hence you can clean with ease. Therefore, if you desire a meat slicer with high efficiency, ease of use, user safety and good power rating then the Arksen meat slicer is a good option for you.
- It comes with a 7” serrated blade
- The overall dimension of the gadget is 15.5 x 10.4 x 11 “
- It can be used to slice cheese, meat, vegetables, and bread
- The meat slicer comes with a sliding meat carriage for safety of the user and perfect cut
- Customers complain the blade comes off easily while cleaning.
Gourmia GFS-700 Counterman Professional Electric Power Food & Meat Slicer
The powerful Gourmia GFS-700 Counterman Professional Electric Power Food & Meat Slicer comes with a super steel that cuts superbly.
The performance of the Gourmia slicer makes it gain preference on Amazon as a best seller and a top spot on our meat slicer reviews.
The meat slicer has a removable 7.5 inches blade which can cut through a maximum slice of 3/4-inch thickness.
Also, the meat slicer motor power is 180 watts and this account for its durability and efficiency.
This beautiful kitchen gadget can be used to cut bread, vegetables, meat, cheese, and roasts.
Therefore, if you desire a meat slicer with good ratings, high efficiency and reliable performance then the Gourmia electric power food and meat slicer is your best choice.
- It comes with a prime coated steel and cast aluminum housing
- The motor power is 180 watts
- Built-in thickness control knob adjusts from deli-thin to approximately 3/4-inch thick slices
- The blade is 7.5 inches long
- It comes with anti-slip rubber feet for stability
- Customers complain it does not cut thin slices well.
Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer
Another classy brand on our list of meat slicer reviews is the Cuisinart FS-75 kitchen pro food slicer.
Cuisinart is well known for their awesome kitchen gadgets and this slicer is not an exception. The slicer cut and slice meat, vegetables, bread and other foods conveniently.
In addition, the parts of the Cuisinart slicer are removable hence cleaning is made easy notwithstanding, it can’t be used in a dishwasher.
The slicer has a control knob that can be adjusted to the desired slicing thickness (1/32 inches to ½ inches). It can cut near paper-thin slices.
Also, if you just finish baking your bread and require some slicing, the Cuisinart kitchen pro food slicer is at your service.
It can slice bread consistently to your desired size.
Therefore, if you are looking to buy a kitchen gadget that can slice all your foods including baked bread with great precision then check this out.
The Cuisinart FS-75 kitchen pro food slicer is a perfect option.
- The slicer comes with a 7.5 inches blade
- Premium-coated steel and die-cast aluminum housing
- Removable steel carriage and food guide for easy cleanup
- Slice control knob adjusts from a paper-thin 1/32 inch to a thick 1/2 inch
- Customers complain the blade get stuck when cutting a chunk of meat
Chef’s Choice Electric Food Slicer
Gear drive, 7 inches blade, food deflector, precision slice thickness controller, and a serving tray. This is definitely a premium version of any meat slicer.
The powerful Chef’s Choice Electric Food Slicer is a multipurpose and rugged slicing device.
The meat slicer is made of cast aluminum and stainless steel. This accounts for its strength, durability, and lightweight.
Furthermore, the slicer comes with a special button that secures the blade when it’s not in use. This safety measure is for households with children to curb the gadget turning on accidentally.
The machine can be cleaned easily as it comes with a food pusher, deflector and food carriage that can be removed easily.
Therefore, if you desire to buy an efficient food slicer that can be used commercially or in the comfort of your home.
Without being scared for the safety of your kids then the Chef’s choice electric food slicer is the perfect choice for you.
- The slicer’s component is made of cast aluminum and stainless steel
- Its blade diameter is approximately 7 inches
- The gadget can be cleaned easily as it comes with a food carriage, food pusher, and a deflector
- It has a power of 120watts
- Precision slice thickness control slices from deli-thin to approx. 3/4″ thick
- It has a length of 15-1/2 inches, Width of 10-3/8 inches, and Height of 11 inches
- The meat slicer comes with a 1 – year warranty.
- No complaints so far!
Nesco FS-250 180-Watt Food Slicer with 8.7-Inch Blade
The very best on our meat slicer reviews list is the Nesco FS-250 food slicer. This awesome meat slicer is just like the Arksen meat slicer that comes with a serrated steel blade. This type of blade is always very efficient when cutting frozen meat and other types of foods.
Also, the slicer comes with a high-quality gear motor with a power of 180 watts. This makes it very strong and durable. The classy meat slicer also comes with a large 8.7 inches stainless steel blade which makes it capable of handling a wide range of food sizes.
Furthermore, the slicer features a precision depth control and a variable thickness control knob for 9-16inches thickness range. This meat slicer is definitely loaded! It can be used to slice meat, cheese, bread, vegetables and fruit quickly and easily.
Therefore, if you are searching for a multipurpose food slicer with dual safety features, large serrated blade to handle a large chunk of food then Nesco food slicer is the best choice for you.
- It comes with a motor of 180 watts and 120 volt
- The slicer has a dual safety feature
- Large, detachable 8.7″ hardened stainless steel serrated blade handles
- Comes with a full stainless steel sliding food carriage
- The slicer has an adjustable thickness control knob for 9/16″
- No complaints yet.
Meat Slicer Buying Guide
The more power a slicer motor has, the more hour it can last slicing your food. The wattage of the gadget is very important most especially if you will be slicing raw meat or cheese. The least power I recommend is a 130-watt motor and this unit varies of course with different countries.
Therefore always check for the power of the meat slicer before buying to prevent quick damage to the appliance.
The meat slicer comes with different grades of blade giving the buyer’s option as to which is best for their choice of food. If you would be cutting small food like 7” – 71/2” tall then the entry-level model is perfect for you. While the mid-grade model has a blade of 7 ½” – 9” which is perfect for larger meats that the 7” blades cannot cut.
Lastly, the professional grade slicer is used to cut cheese and heavy chunk of food. They come with a 14” blade and are usually very sharp and efficient for anything you want to cut.
Therefore when buying a meat slicer, make your choice according to the food you want to use it for.
Power Transfer Method
Is your meat slicer using a gear-driven motor or a belt-driven motor? The choice of the power transfer method also depends on the food you want to slice. If you want to process non-lean meats or fibrous foods then the gear-driven motor is good for you. But if you are slicing lean meats then you should go for the Belt-driven motors.
Also, the belt-driven motor runs quietly than the gear-driven motor. Lastly, the belt-driven motor is easier and cheaper to replace compared to the gear-driven motors that require the help of a technician.
Ease of Cleaning
Always watch out for models that are easy to clean. Make sure the meat slicer you want to buy can be disassembled easily for cleaning. Although, most meat slicers are not dishwasher safe therefore that shouldn’t be a yardstick. Ease of cleaning is a major criterion when buying your meat slicer.
Firstly, I will like to inform you that the efficiency of the electric meat slicer is not dependent on the price. The slicers with higher prices just have few features than the meat slicer with lower price, not efficiency.
The gadget price varies from $50 to $200 and the durability depends on how often you use it. Feel free to buy your budget but the higher the price the more functions and dependability you get.
How to Use a Meat Slicer
A meat slicer can be a dangerous kitchen gadget and results in a lot of accident but the danger and the accident can be avoided if used safely. In fact, the meat slicer comes with a built-in safety feature that makes it comfortable to use at home.
Firstly, every meat slicer has a hand guard system, which puts an obstacle between your fingers and the blade when slicing. Also, most slicers come with a recessed button, so you won’t accidentally turn the gadget on while moving it on your countertop. The slicer has a blade-lock function which stops the blade from moving when in storage or when not in use.
Lastly, the dual safety switch that comes with most meat slicer provides extra safety to the users. The dual safety switch requires you to activate an extra switch for the slicer to work and this usually requires serious grip, therefore, you can’t accidentally switch it on.
Verily, the meat slicer is safe to use in the kitchen with all the features added and I have been using this kitchen gadget in my house for over 4years safely.
Below is a step by step way to use the meat slicer;
- Firstly, wash your hands with antibacterial soap before handling the food. Always make sure your countertop is clean before slicing any food and always use a repellant after slicing if the meat attracts flies.
- Place the food to be sliced in the food tray
- Rest your hands on the manual pressure plate to feed in the food conveniently
- Confirm there is no obstacle on the countertop before you turn the machine ON
- Once the blade is spinning, set your thickness adjustment to your desired thickness
- If your model does not have an automatic guide, you can move the guide back and forth manually at a moderate speed.
- The sliced food falls into the catch tray or you can catch the slices manually if you don’t have a catch tray
- After slicing, put off the meat slicer and clean it.
Maintenance and Safety Tips
Here are few expert tips but exercising safety first, and using the proper techniques and procedures will eliminate almost all of the risk attached to using a meat slicer.
- Firstly, read the manufacturers manual for instructions on how to set the meat slicer up.
- The meat slicer should sit securely on your countertop before use.
- Look closely at the machine for any missing parts.
- Clear the countertop or area for any obstruction
- Always wear mesh protective gloves when using and cleaning the unit.
- Freeze raw meat before cutting or slicing. It gives it better cut.
- Never use the machine without the blade guides attached.
- Do not leave the machine plugged when not in use and do not disassemble the machine without unplugging it.
- Also, do not use the machine around children or pets. Only use the machine when you can concentrate fully on it.