Looking for the best water storage tanks which could work a long time. You will find any type of water storage tanks in different sizes, and shapes.
It is hard to know which one best for our needs. You should know what the purpose you need water tanks. You can find some of these tanks available in your local DIY stores, but you are not sure which one to choose.
If you are looking for some tips to find the right tank that fits your needs, don’t worry, we can help you. We have reviewed some best storage tanks that may interest you.
- capacity: 50 gallon
- Heavy-duty thick walled
- Translucent material
- Great tank for the truck, RV, and house use
- capacity: 35 gallon
- Mode of Durable Polypropylene
- One five inch opening with Lid
- One Bulkhead installed
- Not suitable for hydrocarbons
- capacity: 260 gallon
- HDPE is UV stable and used for outdoor water tanks
- Vent/fill cat
- Bottom valve for draining.
- Mid valve is 18 inches off of the ground.
- capacity: 4 gallon
- Stainless Steel Connection
- High Grade chlorobutyl diaphram
- virgin polypropylene liner
- Polypropylene shell
- capacity: 55 gallon
- Made with food grade barrel
- Brass spigot
- Very resistant to mold, rust, rotting, and mildew
- Very safe both for child and pet
- capacity: 7 gallon
- Reversible hideaway spigot and screw-on vent.
- Molded contour grip
- Rigid and recyclable, BPA-free
- Best for outdoor and emergency water storage
Introduction to the water storage tank
260 Gallon Emergency Water Storage Tank
260 Gallon Emergency Water Storage Tank by Surewater, a durable tank which is manufactured in the USA. It comes with an oval print with a 28 in width. This tank is very durable, thanks to its high-quality material. It is made from food-grade material BPA. Also, when you purchase this model, it also comes with free 5-year water treatment per tank. One nice feature we love is that the tank is chemical free. Thus you can ensure that the water you consume is safe.
The design is slim enough, making it an ideal choice when used indoors. The tank will fit perfectly inside of a standard-sized room. Thanks to its large capacity, it can offer an adequate amount of water when needed, especially during summer where the water in short supply. Speaking about the material, it is FDA approved and BPA free, the tank is very safe to use.
When it comes to moving this water tank, it doesn’t take a lot of effort; the tank can be moved by two people. It takes up 7 square feet, which is not too big. Thus you can use it inside of your home. When compared to purchasing five 5 gallon drums, which can hold the same volume of water, buying this water storage tank is considered to be cheaper. In a nutshell, if you are looking for a large water tank which doesn’t take too much space in your home, consider this one.
Pro: The design is slim enough, it can fit through standard door frames.
Norwesco 35 Gallon Horizontal Water Tank
- Durable and Compact
- Easy to Maintain
- Doesn’t take too much space
- Easy to clean.
Good Ideas RB55-BLUE Big Blue Recycled Rain Barrel
Good Ideas RB55 has been chosen by lots of people, it’s also known as one of those top barrels you can find on the market. There are some reasons why we include this one on the list. Good Ideas has some cool features, making it an ideal choice for those wanting to find a rain barrel that is durable. It can hold up to 55 gallons of pure rainwater, saving you more money especially during the summer months.
Some features offered by this storage container are:
- It is made from food grade barrel
- Very resistant to mold, rust, rotting, and mildew
- Very safe both for child and pet
- Comes with the brass spigot for dual overflow and hose hook up
- Two optional locations, both of them can be used for spigot placement. Thus you can change them anytime
- It has a blue color which results in reducing algae significantly
- 55-gallon capacity
- Very easy to maintain
- Specifically designed for outdoor usage, you can use it outside your home safely
Technically speaking, this is one of your best choices if you need an easy way to collect rain water as well as saving more money on your utility bills.
Shelf Reliance Deluxe BPA 55-gallon Barrel Water Storage System Includes Water Filter Pump
This storage container comes with some features which you will love. One of these features is a heavy duty bung wrench. The availability of this feature can also serve as a gas shut-off tool; this tool can provide access to another storage barrel. It also comes with some extra tools, helping you to put water supply to good use. Another feature is the availability of a special adapter; this special adapter can be adjusted for use to any sizes of storage containers. You can also use the pump to draw water from other natural water sources. Speaking about its quality, the material is made from high-density polyethylene. It has the blue color which is very useful in restricting light, controlling the growth of bacteria.
As mentioned earlier, the water tank comes with some additional tools, and another item included here is the water filter pump. This food grade water barrel is also very safe to use since it is chemical resistance. Also, it also comes with instructions, which give you all information you need to know when using the filter. For emergencies where the water is not available, this high multipurpose filter system will be a great solution you can rely on.
Pro: It comes with advanced filters, which can’t be found in other storage containers.
Best Choice Products 8.5 Portable
8.5 Gal Portable Wheeled Water Tank helps you to transport water easily, moving this portable wheeled tank from one location to another location without putting too much effort. It is very suitable for RV, Caravan, or even motor home owners. Some features offered by this water tank include drop resistance, impact resistance, and well sealing, thanks to its special design. Also, this product is also very durable, it is made from high-density rugged polyethylene, and the best part is, this water tank can also be scrubbed without damaging it. Using this water tank, you don’t have to deal with heavy lifting anymore.
Again, thanks to its large plastic wheels, transporting this barrel is a breeze. In fact, the barrel can be carried by using the folding handle or integrated handle or wheel. For easy discharge, the barrel also comes with a breather cap which can be found on the top. There is also a large red cap which can be very helpful for easy cleaning. The availability of easy moving wheels will also become an added point too. Using the specially designed drain with the hose, this product is well sealing. Overall, this can be the best choice for your next RV trip so far.
Pro: It can be transported easily using easy moving wheels.
Valterra R8030 comes with some features such as odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic. In other words, this water storage tank is safe to use. Since it is algae free, you can rest assured that the water storage tank will never corrode or rust. This water tank is also light in weight. Thus you can install this thing easily. You don’t need to worry about the installation, it comes with the kit, providing necessary components used to prepare for the installation. It is a high-quality tank which you must include on your list.
Another advantage of purchasing this product is that the tank is algae free. Many may realize that preventing the growth of algae is very vital when maintaining a water tank. This item can handle this issue. If you need a blank water storage tank, which is well made and easy to install, make sure that you include this one on your shopping list. Since this water tank is ABS, it can be repaired, and solvent welded. If you need a black water storage tank which is very easy to use and safe, Valterra is one of those products worth choosing. Spending your money for this product is a great investment too.
Pro: It comes with one-piece extruded construction which can minimize or even eliminate the possibility of leakage.
Con: Keep in mind, this water storage tank may not be suitable for outdoor use. Thus you should be more careful when using it outside your home.
General Hydroponics Covert Tank
- It Is Lightweight
- Perfect reservoir
- Set up in small spaces.
How to Choose the Best Water Storage Tanks
To help you pick the right water storage tank, some considerations should be taken into account. These considerations include the location, the type of the water tank, and also the size. But before we learn several aspects in deciding the right water tank we should buy, knowing some benefits of having a water storage tank will give you some ideas why purchasing this product is a necessity.
Benefits Of Having a Water Tank
- Be Prepared For Emergencies: You will never know when a fire may approach your home. If you live in the area where forest fires are quite common, having a water storage tank can save your property. By having this one at home, you can have hundreds or even thousands of gallons ready to fight the fire.
- To Collect Rainwater: Aside from dealing with emergencies, another good reason why a storage container is very helpful is when it comes to harvesting rainwater. While others need to pay for chemically treated water for various purposes such as watering their plants and grass, you can have the water for free. By collecting rainwater with this tank, you can have water, which has not been treated with chemicals and use it to water your yard. In the area where water is already in short supply, having a water tank will save your life. For example, if you live in the United States where rain is sporadic, and things get worse during summer, having a storage tank will help you a lot. Try to imagine your life without it.
- Lifestyle Benefits: Some of us may live in the area where the government may apply stringent water restrictions, and it can be very difficult to use water for some purposes such as watering your garden, cleaning your car, cleaning your home and much more. But if you have a water tank, you don’t need to worry anymore when keeping your garden green and lawn lush.
- Save More Money: By collecting rainwater, which is free, you can save more money, helping you to use your money for other purposes. For example, if you can capture up to 100,000 liters of free rainwater, it can represent a sizeable financial saving.
- It Tastes Better Compared to Tap Water: Studies have shown that the water collected from a water tank tastes better compared to tap water since rainwater is chlorine and fluoride free.
- Save The Environment: Another reason why having a water tank is a must is that you can also save the environment. Do you know that the price of water is increasing in many areas? By using water storage tanks, you can conserve water as well as minimize the strain on the municipal water supply.
- Other Purposes: Aside from collecting rainwater, a water tank can also be used for other purposes such as storing fuel, oil, help developing countries, and chemical manufacturing, and other applications.
Which Material Is The Best?
If you are shopping for a water tank, you may realize that they are available in some different materials. Your choice may range from wood, fiberglass, concrete, steel, and also some plastic tank. As you are learning that there are some variables available, it can be very confusing to choose one that is considered to be the best. Is wood better than fiberglass? Which material is cheaper? To answer these questions, you have to know that each material has its advantages and disadvantages. To help you pick the right one, we will be describing the benefits of each material below.
Wood: This type of material has been used for hundreds of years, wood has been used to store not only water but also wine, beer, and other liquids. While it is true that this type of material is subject to breaking down and rooting, if used properly, it can last longer more than you can imagine.
Steel: Many consider steel as one of the strongest materials. By choosing a steel tank, you can expect that it will last for 5 years or even more. If you decide to buy a tank made from steel, make sure that you know how to handle corrosion, which is very common among a steel based tank. One good tip is to install extra sacrificial anodes. This will delay corrosion. Another consideration is when it comes to installation, you will need professionals when dealing with it.
Concrete: One benefit offered by this type of material is that you can install either below ground or above. However, the concrete water tank is heavy and often delivered in sections. Just like steel, this type of material will also need a polyethylene liner to delay corrosion.
Fiberglass: Fiberglass is quite popular among other materials, the material can last longer, it can also be installed either below ground or above. But this type of material should be painted to prevent the growth of algae.
Plastic: Plastic is cheap, it can hold up to 5000 gallons, and the best part is, it is lightweight. If you are on the budget, consider plastic as one of your choices. Since a plastic based tank is made in one solid piece, it is not likely to leak, which is a great advantage for you. Moving this tank is also easy, in case, the location you choose is not ideal. If you choose this one, make sure that you choose a black tank as it can prevent the growth of algae.
As you have learned some materials mentioned above, you may wonder which material is the best. To help you pick the best one, you need to consider the location and your budget. But, we still have another type of material worth mentioning here. Polyethylene water storage is becoming more and more popular lately. Compared to other materials, it has more advantages. Some of these advantages are described below:
- It will not rust or corrode
- It’s a cost effective alternative compared to others
- It is manufactured with a seamless construction which eliminates weld points and rivet
- It’s lightweight
Knowing what material you should choose is just one aspect in determining the right tank you should buy. Aside from the material used, other aspects include the location and the size. Below, we have listed other aspects that you need to know when shopping for a water storage tank.
Consider The Location – The first aspect is without a doubt the location you choose when installing this tank. There are two basic options available, below ground storage and above ground storage. The first one is the above ground storage, which comes in two styles, the black tank, and the white tank. The black tank can absorb heat better compared to the white tank. By choosing the black tank, you can have a water tank which lasts longer especially from rust or corrosion. If you decide to choose the below ground storage, make sure that you purchase a cistern. Unlike the first type which is smooth and round, the second type is not smooth and rectangular. It comes with a ribbed construction, making it more sturdy compared to above ground tanks.
Consider The Size – Of course, another important criterion is the size. Depending on your need, if you need a large capacity tank, an elliptical tank is a better choice. This type of tank can be secured to a trailer using metal bands.
The Final Word: Which One Do You Choose?
As you have learned some best models of water storage tanks, you also know that there are different materials and sizes available. Aside from these aspects, the location also plays a very important role. Whatever your reason is, purchasing this tank is a smart decision, it can also be considered as a great investment in the future. Overall, by learning these tips as well as some best models available out there, picking the top water storage tanks would be a lot easier.
You will also like these posts…………