A Step-By-Step Guide To Buying A Designer Handbag
Buying a designer handbag can be a major investment. Because most of these bags come with a high price tag, you should carefully think through your purchasing decision. The tips below on how to find the perfect bag come directly from Tina Craig, founder of BagSnob.
- Take a practical approach to handbag shopping by deciding what type of bag you really need. There is a big difference between buying a bag that you want and buying one that you need. A good place to start is by taking inventory of all of the bags that you currently own. Sort these bags into categories. These categories should include totes, clutches, travel bags, exotic bags, and trendy bags.Pay attention to the colors that you already have in your collection, as well. If most of your bags are black, you may want to opt for one that is brightly colored or that comes in another neutral shade like gray or navy.
- Do some online research before shopping in person. Learning a little bit more about the types of bags that are currently out there will make your shopping trips faster and easier suggest the experts at Baltcidomini.com
- Wear the right clothing when you shop. For instance, if you are shopping for a new shoulder bag for the winter season, wear a heavy coat while you shop to make sure that the strap of the handbag is large enough to fit over the sleeve of the coat. If the handbag has a chain strap, make sure that it doesn’t get tangled in your hair.
- Thoroughly inspect a handbag before buying it. Here are some of the most important things that you should look for:
* The lining of the bag should feature solid construction. It should have beautiful stitching and should be equal in quality to the exterior of the bag.
* Check the seams and stitching on the bag to make sure that the quality is where you expect it to be. The stitching should be straight and each individual stitch should be tight.
* Try putting your belongings in the bag. Remove the stuffing and fill the bag with your essentials such as your wallet and makeup bag. Do all of your items fit? Does the bag still hang nicely without the stuffing? Can you easily grab items out of the handbag without having to dig too much or without having everything inside the bag fall out? Are there enough pockets to hold your essentials? Is the bag too heavy when it is loaded with your belongings? Heavy bags can really do a number on your neck and back. It is almost always best to opt for a lighter weight bag.
- Make sure the store has a generous return policy in case you need to bring the bag back for any reason after you buy it.
As long as you follow these tips, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a designer handbag that you love.