The Top 6 Supplements for Hair Growth
The first thing that anybody can do to regrow hair naturally is to stop those things that damage hair. It can be anything from chemicals, salon treatments or excess heat. These treatments sooner or later, damage the hair of people and also the hair follicles. Damaged hair follicles would make the hair thinner and weaker. Once the hair gets damaged, it becomes very difficult to re-grow them through the natural process.
The most applied and best method to re-grow hair naturally is by taking a lot of vitamins and supplements essential for Hair Growth. Vitamin B7 or Biotin is a natural substance that is responsible for giving strength to the hair. It is also good for the nails and skin. Although, as little as .5 to .7 mg of Biotin is sufficient in the body, the recommended requirement of Biotin is 5 mg per day. Users should always be careful not to go beyond the recommended levels in any circumstances as it may lead to side-effects.
The women who are pregnant always seem to have shiny and healthy skin and hair. It is a common perception that it is the prenatal vitamins that they take which makes their hair glow. But this is not true. It is the increased flow of blood and essential nutrients that flow through the vessels in a pregnant woman that is the real reason. This also proves that the health of the hair follicles greatly depends on the nutrition they receive. There are a few minerals, vitamins and supplements that are beneficial for the health of the hair follicles.
They include Saw Palmetto, Gotu Kola, and Nettle root. Some other great vitamins and minerals are excellent for the growth of the hair. They are B-Complex vitamins, magnesium, and zinc. The users who are suffering from a health issue must always consult their doctor before they start using these substances. Many of these are available over the counter from a drug store.
The most widely used chemical component used for hair treatment for men is minoxidil. The Rogaine brand usually makes it. Minoxidil is primarily responsible for blocking DHT testosterone, and it has been proved through tests that it can significantly regrow the hair. If the Hair Treatment with minoxidil is not done very frequently the hair may get back into the prior damaged condition. Therefore, the use of this substance must be the frequent and long-term.
Here is a list of some of the major supplements for hair growth and how they affect the hair.
- Biotin – Biotin is abundantly found in Bananas and Peanut Butter. This supplement is a type B vitamin that affects the metabolism, digestive tract, skin, and nerves. It is used to reduce hair breakage and improve nail growth.
- Fern extract – The Fern extracts helps the skin to be protected from ultraviolet rays. Fern extracts can also treat certain skin issues such as vitiligo, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Iron – Iron deficiency can significantly make the hair thin, dull and dry. The nails also become brittle and may break easily. Iron is commonly found in Oysters, spinach, and cashews. It also activates B vitamins.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – Omega-3’s are commonly found in fatty fish such as sardines, salmon, and mackerel. They regulate oil production and can keep the skin moist. Other benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids include giving shine to the hair, preventing the hair strands from drying out and prevent the hair from detaching. But, those who suffer from fish allergies, high blood pressure, diabetes and mood disorders should keep away or take advice from a doctor first.
- Vitamin C – This vitamin improves hair growth, stops hair loss, fights dandruff, leads to stronger hair and its deficiency can cause split ends of the hair. Vitamin C makes the Iron to be absorbed more and can cause hemochromatosis a disease caused by over drug of Iron.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is an effective anti-oxidant and prevents fine lines by fighting against free-radical damage. The foods rich in vitamin E are avocado, wheat germ, olive oil and most of the required amounts of this supplement can already be found in most diets.
Some other supplements are also good for the growth of hair and skin. They are as follow:
- Zinc – Zinc, when combined with Biotin, can help prevent alopecia areata. Biotin increases the capacity by helping build the hair shafts, and zinc rectifies abnormal hormones that lead to hair loss. After serious health situations such as gastrointestinal surgery, the hair loss significantly shoots up. A study has proved that taking 600 mg of zinc in a day can reverse the effects of hair damage in such patients.
- Copper – People who consume zinc supplements for hair growth should also take copper supplements as the consumption of zinc may cause a deficiency of copper in the body. Copper triggers the enzymes that cause the effects of DHT testosterone to be reversed and hence remove baldness on the scalp.
- MSM – Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM) forms an important supplement of the hair and skin. MSM for hair growth is very essential for the healthy hair, and only 700 mg of it is sufficient in the body. MSM also contain Sulfur that acts as an important component in the synthesis of keratin, an essential part of hair shafts.
- Vitamin B12 – Loss of hair and poor hair growth may be indications of lack of Vitamin B 12 in the body. Vitamin B12 leads to the appropriate development of red blood cells. The disease called anemia caused due to deficiency of this Vitamin For Hair Growth leads hair breakage and hair loss. A dosage of 1-25 mcg of vitamin B12 can alleviate hair issues.