If you are pregnant and looking for prenatal vitamins, you may be confused by the many prenatal vitamin products on the market. You buy a prenatal vitamin and try it. And, guess what? Instead of getting the benefits of prenatal vitamins, you are experiencing morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting, heart palpitations, you got allergy and other things that you do not expect. Each product offers the same vitamins and minerals, but why the results differ? What is wrong?
If you do a little research, you might find other expectant mothers experiencing the same thing. But does not apply to other expectant mothers, they look healthy and fresh, energized, not experience nausea and vomiting, morning sickness becomes lighter, their children were born healthy. That’s what you want, right? But you still did not get the best prenatal vitamins for your body?
You may find the claims of manufacturers that their products are safe and best.
Why should you trust them? Because they claim to be the best based on reviews someone else made (or their claim)?
Or should you rather try to take a different approach to this whole matter?
After a long search and many failures, I came to the point where I was bored with the offerings mediocrity of some prenatal vitamins. And yes, I concluded that a product could be perfect for pregnant women and pregnant women are terrible for others women.
And, in my search for the best prenatal vitamins, after researching and reading many customer reviews, I narrowed it down to 3 products that offer the right quality, effectiveness, and safety of the products according to the prices offered:
Top 3 Best Prenatal Vitamins Comparison
If you want to make the best decision for yourself, then you should consider both the pros and cons of a particular product. Trust me, no one out there 100 % capable of meeting your needs. You have to pay attention to your needs. As we said above, the best prenatal vitamins for pregnant women is not necessarily the best for other pregnant women. The need for vitamins and minerals you may be higher or lower ( consult your health care provider to find out ). Daily consumption of vitamins and minerals from food for a mother and the other one is also different. Perceived benefits that a pregnant woman may not occur in pregnant women, depending on the body’s ability to absorb vitamins and minerals. So, even if we give the label “best prenatal vitamins,” not necessarily be the best prenatal vitamins for your body. Here we provide a comparison of each of the three products, as well as their rating, is Amazon and their prices :
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamins
If you are looking for a prenatal vitamin that has complete vitamins and minerals, the Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamins is the answer. These prenatal vitamins are rich in vitamins and minerals in an amount according to the IOM recommendations. Some content provided in an excess amount, but not exceeding the tolerable upper limit.
Unlike other prenatal vitamins, the manufacturers offer products that completely different with other prenatal vitamins. Taking this prenatal vitamin is just like you eat raw foods. When you eat raw foods (fruits, vegetables), all the nutrients are there, and enzymes and probiotics are there also. When you cook your foods, high temperatures may destroy important nutrients; vitamin bioavailability will be lost, then you eat nothing (or at least the vitamin content is reduced). While foods are chemically processed, the contaminated the foods. Your foods may also lose its activity, important nutrient changed due to chemical interaction among them.
Unlike another prenatal vitamin, this product provides folate instead of folic acid. It is uncommon. Folate is natural to form, extracted from food. However, chemical lability of folate results in a significant loss of biochemical activity during harvesting, storage, processing, and preparation. Half or three-quarters of initial folate activity may be lost during the processes. Synthetic formed folic acid is more stable for months even years, while folate form rapidly loses activity in food over periods of days or weeks. This product contains 800 mcg of folate since it is provided in folate form, it equals to 800 mcg DFE. IOM recommends consuming 600 mcg of DFE.
In outline, here are some advantages of this product:
- Provide raw vitamins which are uncooked, untreated and unadulterated
- Folate daily intake is given in the form of natural folate, not synthetic folic acid
- Provides complete nutrients that required by pregnant women, the amount of each nutrient is provided on the safe level
- Prenatal digestive support, it seems many customers are helped, check on customer rating on Amazon.Com
Deva Vegan Vitamins Prenatal Multivitamins
Deva Vegan Vitamins Prenatal Multivitamins is a multivitamin that is specially formulated to meet the nutritional needs of vegans and is also suitable for all pregnant women. If you are vegan, certainly enough to understand the importance of some vitamins such as vitamin B12 and vitamin D. Most vegans consume enough B12 to avoid anemia and nervous system damage, but many do not get enough to minimise the potential risk of heart disease or pregnancy complications. Vitamin B12 is easily found in milk, meat, and eggs of animals. Surely this is not an option for vegans. Pad the prenatal vitamins, vitamin B12, is derived from algae
Vitamin D will help to control the movement of calcium between bone and blood, and vice versa. In infancy and childhood, deficiency of vitamin D causes the deformed bones characteristic of rickets. Vitamin D has two forms, D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3 (cholecalciferol). Foods with naturally occurring vitamin D usually contain an animal-derived vitamin D3. That you need to consider is, be aware that vegetarian formulations can contain a non-vegan vitamin D (in the form of D3). Deva Vegan Vitamins Prenatal Multivitamins provide vitamin D in the form of D2.
In outline, here are some advantages of this product
- Specially formulated for vegan
- Certified by Vegan Society
- Provides complete nutrients that required by pregnant women, the amount of each nutrient is
- Provided on a safe level unless Niacin
- Serving size 1 tablet
Rainbow Light Prenatal Organic Multivitamin Review
May you currently seeking prenatal vitamin products? Or you ‘re deciding whether prenatal vitamin you want to buy according to your needs? Or you might be thinking again about prenatal vitamins that you are taking at this time? Prenatal vitamins you consume causes your stomach discomfort, constipation, bloating? Surely you ‘ve heard ( or haven’t heard ) Rainbow Light, Prenatal Organic Multivitamin, 120-Count. The products of Rainbow Light is already well known, and you may encounter in the Amazon. However, you may want to know more about these products before making a purchase.
Obtain as much information about a product necessarily a must, especially if you want to buy healthcare products for your pregnancy. You certainly do not want to haphazardly buy and consume products that are not safe for your health and your baby. Here are some questions you may have on your mind.
Is this product safe ?? What are the side effects?
Are enough nutrients in these products for my health and my fetus?
What do other customers regarding this product?
Is this product is best for me?
If so, whether the product is better than other products?
How To Find The Best Prenatal Vitamins
When you decide to buy prenatal vitamins, there are several steps that you should do before deciding fatherly purchase.
- The first thing you need to do is determine your vitamin needs. You can find references of the IOM or the FAO and find recommended daily allowance for pregnant women.
- The second thing is to recognize what vitamins you consume every day. The more vitamins you get from food means less and less prenatal vitamins should you consume. As well as for vegetarians, it will be easier for them to buy and eat vegetables rather than having to seek prenatal vitamins are suitable for vegetarians. However, a few things to keep in mind is that not all vitamins available in food, or food you consume may contain fewer vitamins and minerals.
- The last thing is to find best prenatal vitamins.
Finding best prenatal vitamin is not easy. Because all products offer the same thing, vitamins, and minerals. Even so, not all prenatal vitamins can give you what you need exactly. In fact, some manufacturers may add harmful ingredients, such as artificial color, gluten, yeast, American ginseng and some materials are not permitted consumed by pregnant women. Some manufacturers may also provide vitamins/minerals given in excessive amounts and beyond the tolerable upper limit for pregnant women. If you are not careful, prenatal vitamins can make you get morning sickness, constipation, nausea, etc. Here are some of the criteria that we use to find the best prenatal vitamins.
- Ingredients/supplement facts. Remember the steps we wrote above; prenatal vitamins should meet your daily needs. If you are unsure of your daily needs, you can use the U.S. recommended daily allowance as a reference. Recognize upper limit tolerable limit (UL) for each of the vitamins and minerals. The best prenatal vitamin supplement should not exceed the tolerable upper limits to be consumed by pregnant women. Specific ingredients which should be avoided is also important.
- Amount of servings per day. For pregnant women who do not like taking supplements, especially in the form of pills, capsules, caplets, consumes a certain amount of supplements will be a problem. Instead of benefiting from the best prenatal vitamins, you may be vomiting, food and prenatal vitamins you are taking to be in vain. If you are the type, who do not like / can consume supplements (in the form of pills, capsules, etc.), choose a prenatal vitamin that offers less serving. There are many prenatal vitamins that offer one-a-day serving. While other mothers who may not have a problem at the time of taking some pills in a day.
- Prices. Moneywise, people, growing niche to look for the cheapest product on the market. However, this should not be the case. You may be aware, buying a product best prenatal vitamins as well as you invest you and your baby’s health. Very reasonable if not just want low prices, compared with the benefits you get, which may not be in a short time. You may only be realized after your baby is born healthy, active and you feel healthier. So, keep wise in buying
- Additional ingredients. Some manufacturers will add some ingredients that aim for digestive support or energy booster. This factor is an advantage, although we still have to read the customer reviews to check the effectiveness of these additional ingredients.
- Prenatal vitamins benefits and effectiveness. Although many of you are taking the same prenatal vitamins, everyone can get different results. This may occur depending on the absorption ability of each pregnant woman’s body. However, we include these factors in the criteria to see the benefits that have been perceived by the customer. Analyzing these factors is a bit time consuming because we have to read customer reviews
- Customer rating, you can find this number on Amazon.Com. The customer rating is an important part of the product review that we did. We simply want to know the benefits that are already being felt by another customer. Customer who gives a 5 stars rating and 4 stars rating indicate their satisfaction. Some people might give a critical review, but still, give 5 stars or 4 stars rating. Some also may be lowered its rating to 3 stars. Customer rating 1 star, 2 stars and 3 stars are also important to us. Because they usually arise critical review after taking the prenatal vitamin.
Here are some points that could make the customer gives 1 star, 2 stars and 3 stars rating
- Customer objected to the amount of the serving per day
- Customers do not like the size of the pill/capsule, and they are difficult to consume
- The customer does not like the taste and smell. Smell and taste for a particular customer can be a problem, but other customers who can handle the smell and taste keep providing 4 stars or 5 stars rating
customer complained of a certain ingredient that should not be consumed by pregnant women or consumed by vegetarians. If you are a vegetarian, then you should consider it.
- Customer complained of experiencing excessive anxiety, stomach feeling uncomfortable, or feel the side effects like sensitive skin, a faster heart rate. A critical review of this kind need to make a note of, what happens, is there a specific cause. Consider and compare if you have the same symptoms.
My vote goes to Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamins, as it showed complete nutrients as IOM recommended daily intakes and only minor disadvantages. Furthermore, when 90% of 251 people gave 4 stars and 5 stars rating, you cannot simply ignore the fact that it is good. Benefits and effectiveness + lots of excellent customer reviews have convinced me that this prenatal vitamin is the best one out there!
If you are vegan, the most recommended product is Deva Vegan Vitamins Prenatal Multivitamins. Although this prenatal vitamin contains a slightly higher amount of niacin, we can not ignore that Vegan Society certifies this prenatal vitamin.
The third choice is Rainbow Light, Prenatal Organic Multivitamin