Important Kitchen Gadgets Overview
Important kitchen gadgets for Thanksgiving Day 2017! This holiday, celebrated in the USA, Canada and in some other parts of the world, brings family, friends, and guests together. To celebrate the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Regarded as first a religious and more recently a secular celebration. Thanksgiving features the very popular Thanksgiving dinner.
The high point of many family Thanksgiving dinners is cutting the Thanksgiving Turkey. Among other meals and drink. After surviving the shopping rush on the eve of the celebrations, your attention shifts to events in the kitchen. To get you in the way and ease your cooking experience, the following are 10 important kitchen gadgets for your Thanksgiving Day 2017 celebration:
Large Roasting Pans with Roasting Racks
The first important kitchen gadget on our list is a Roasting pan. The odds are that you will be cooking for a crowd. So you will need cooking equipment that churns out meals in large quantities. A large roasting pan suits the bill. Such a pan can help you caramelize vegetables at the bottom as you make gravy or sauce on the stove counter. Go for models with ergonomic designs for easy lifting. Note that non-stick racks permit uniform cooking of the turkey.
- Roasting pan aluminum core provides superior conductivity and even heating for excellent browning and control of the cooking process. Non-porous stainless steel cooking surface is safe for use with all utensils.
- Also, the Roasting rack holds up to a 25-pound turkey. It comes with a triple-riveted handle for lifting and makes turning easy. The nonstick V-Rack lets heat circulate, for crisp browning.
- Lastly, the brushed stainless steel handles make it easy to lift even when full.
Slow Cookers/Buffet Serves
Thanksgiving dinners demand ingenuity and improvisation. Say for example you finish ahead of schedule with your cooking. The slow cooker cum buffet server is one of the important kitchen gadgets you need. With it, you can keep your meals warm and your guests can scoop away from the dishes, at the same time.
- It comes with a Programmable control panel with digital countdown timer which allows you to set cooking time between 30 minutes to 20 hours and choose from high, low and warm mode
- The gadget Shifts to Warm Setting Automatically once the cook time completes and keep warm forever until you shut it down.
- It is also easy to move. The easy locking lid gasket provides an extra seal for less spill in travel.
- Dishwasher safe stoneware and lid for effortless clean.
A Trenched Cutting Board
This wooden tool is perfect for placing your Thanksgiving Turkey while you cut and mince. The trenches along the board help you collect the juices from the bird.
- The cutting board is knife friendly: Bamboo won’t cause excessive wear and tear on cutlery.
- It comes with a BUILT-IN DRIP GROOVE which holds juice from meat, fruits or vegetables.
- 100% organic bamboo is All-Natural with Antibacterial, Antimicrobial Properties, absorbs less liquid and has fewer cross-contamination concerns.
- Extra-large with side handles to use it as cutting-chopping-cheese board or serving tray.
A Meat Thermometer
It is important the turkey cooks at the right temperature. This important step determines how tasty and tender your bird turns out. You need to be at your best while cooking because of how special the Thanksgiving Day is. A meat thermometer solves this problem hence it made our important kitchen gadgets list. You could either go for the digital model or the basic dial thermometer.
- This Instant Reading Thermometer gets temp readout within 4-7 seconds with a high precision sensor and an accurate readout.
- The Kitchen Thermometer comes in a foldable probe design, folds away easily and locks into base for portability and storage
- Lastly, the Cooking Thermometer features a temperature range of -58°F ~ 572°F (-50°C ~ 300°C), accurate to ±0.9°F; Celsius/Fahrenheit switchable; Perfect for indoor-outdoor cooking, grilling or BBQ.
A Cutting/Carving Set
A kitchen knife is a must on our important kitchen gadgets list, here is the reason! In the midst of the hustle and bustle of meal preparation, the last thing you want is a blunt cutting equipment. You should invest in a quality set of kitchen knives, which meet with a range of cutting demands on the Thanksgiving Day. Also, remember that slicing the perfect portions of the turkey at dinner must be seamless and fun.
- The set Includes 8-inch chef knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness; 8-inch bread knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness; 8-inch carving knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness; 5-inch utility knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness; 3.5-inch paring knife with 2 mm blade thickness and an acrylic stand for convenient storing of the knives
- These knives are a solid one-piece stainless steel design so you don’t have to worry about handles falling off
- Conservative blade thickness and elite design allow for easy handheld use
- Lastly, hand wash is highly recommended. Do not use dishwasher and to prevent rust, dry with a napkin
A Fat Separator
A fat separator gets you on the way to making a healthy and wholesome Thanksgiving dinner. The spout on the separator position is low so that the fat rises to the top, with only the rich juices sieved out. This appliance makes excellent lower-fat gravy. Many models feature an extra-fine strainer. This component catches bits of food when you pour in the pan drippings.
- The cup fat separator won’t crack with hot liquids: Its heat resistant up to 400 degrees, so you’ll never need to worry about cracks or breakages when you pour in hot gravy or juices. You can even pour in stock or soup when it’s still boiling.
- Also, the 4-cup (1 liter) capacity lets you keep the mess to a minimum. It’s even big enough for soups, broths, and large family dinners. The large pour spout means you won’t waste liquid with spillages.
- The spout stopper prevents liquid from entering the pouring spout until the fat has fully separated. You’ll never get a splash of grease in your gravy again.
- This fat separator with strainer is made from high-quality ABS-free materials that won’t stain from spiced sauces. Comes out of the dishwasher looking perfect after one cycle.
- Lastly, the fat separator cup comes with both imperial (US) and metric measuring markings on the side, to help you create gravy and sauce recipes without the hassle of measuring cups or spoons.
Potatoes form a basic staple on many Thanksgiving dinner tables. While you could choose among many preparation methods, mashed potatoes always carry the day. Make excellent mashed potatoes using a masher. This appliance almost slipped out of our important kitchen gadgets list because of its less popularity. But it is very easy to use and low-tech, hence you should not fear any power outages when using one.
- The Potato Masher features a strong and ergonomic design: 100% stainless steel material. Will never bend, Will never break! Says the manufacturer.
- Apart from being excellent for potatoes, this amazing kitchen set is also ideal for many other products. The peeler will work great with carrots, cucumbers, apples, and mangos. Peel and mash almost anything.
- Lastly, the gadgets save money and time.
Do you want a substitute for using a foil in covering your turkey? Look no further than a cheesecloth. There are many pros to using one. First of all, a cheesecloth prevents the darkening of the turkey. Also, it helps with retaining the basting liquid on the skin of the bird. For enhanced flavor and taste, you can also dip the cheesecloth in white wine. Proceed by placing it on your turkey.
- The cheesecloth is made of 100% cotton. It is food grade safe for cheese making, straining stocks, custards, bundling herbs and to thicken the yogurt.
- Keep your holiday meats juicy by using a soaked cheesecloth to eliminate the need for basting, or use it for seedless fruit squeezing, poaching fish, canning or straining soups and stocks.
- The 80 square yard solid bolt allows you to customize the cheesecloth for uses including wraps for baby photography, wedding table runners, wedding décor, baby shower décor, or custom gift wrap.
- Additionally, the lint-free cheese cloth can be used for painting, staining, polishing, cleaning or waxing. Durable, washable and reusable.
Microwave-Safe Baking Dish
The microwave is your dependable kitchen companion. But you need a handy appliance to work with it. Settle for microwave-safe baking dishes. Look out for the chip-resistant variety that prepares excellent casseroles and stuffing. Many models come with sturdy lids and handles; so you transport them with ease. Note that they are compatible for use in freezers, microwaves, and dishwashers.
- The dish is resistant to temperature change. It can be used in the oven up to 520 degrees F. Oven, broiler, and microwave safe: can go directly from freezer or refrigerator to a hot oven, to Table.
- Durable and scratch resistant. The extremely hard glaze does not scratch or craze. Durable for everyday use. The highly resistant glaze is ideal in the kitchen for making delicious meals and desserts.
- It is quite easy to clean. Dishwasher safe or hand wash with soap and water.
- This versatile, durable baking dish is designed for feeding a crowd or a family with leftovers the next day. Take it from the oven to the Table.
Rimmed Baking Sheet
This simple yet effective kitchen appliance made our important kitchen gadgets list because of its limitless options. You can roast vegetables, cook fish and poultry, bake cookies among other cooking tasks. Look for models with large surface and a thick construction that ensures even cooking. The rimmed design of the sheets retains your cooking juice and prevents spillages.
- This commercial bakeware is made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of durability
- Also, the baked goods rise and bake evenly due to aluminum superior heat conductivity and the reinforced encapsulated steel rim prevents warping
- The Pan exterior dimensions 17.88 x 12.88 x 1.06 inches and interior dimensions 16.5 x 11.38 x 1 inches
- Lastly, it is easy to clean up and can only be hand washed.
The 10 important kitchen gadgets listed in this post are just a few out of the kitchen gadgets you need for Thanksgiving Day. Check out our subsequent post for more tools in your kitchen.