So, you’ve decided to buy an electric toothbrush, but you are kind of confused with all the brands and electric toothbrush types that are now in the market.
Which one should you buy? Oral B or Sonicare? Sonic Or Oscillated Rotating electric toothbrush? Blue or Black? What type of characteristics should it have? Ultrasonic? The questions are endless.
Well, we at thewisy.com had the same issues and questions like you do, so we decided to do an extensive research around the electric toothbrush niche to get the answers to our questions and decide what is the best electric toothbrush that is available on the market today for us to buy.
So, we decided to take the gained-through-research knowledge around electric toothbrushes, from our minds and create the most advance and comprehensive online guide around electric toothbrushes.
Through this guide we are going to help you to choose the best electric toothbrush that fits your needs and avoid the time-consuming research, by presenting you all the information that you need to know, in a nice, well-formated article.
Best Electric Toothbrush Mini Reviews
These mini-reviews will help you to ”get to know better” each of the electric toothbrushes that were listed at the above table. These mini reviews will focus on some of the most important features the electric toothbrushes have and will pinpoint the pros and cons of each toothbrush.
- Speed /Cleaning Method
- Power Source /Battery Autonomy,
- Brushing Timer,
- Pressure Sensor,
- Other Features and Accessories.
Oral-B® PRO 5000 Review
The Oral-B PRO 5000 is the world’s first of its kind with Bluetooth communication that allows the brush to connect with your smart phone to give you real-time feedback on your brushing habits. The professionally inspired design of the CrossAction™ brush head surrounds each tooth with bristles angled at 16 degrees, and 3D cleaning action oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
- Speed / Cleaning Method: Provides 40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute
- Power Source : This electric toothbrush uses a rechargeable battery. Battery life is up to 10 days in one charge.
- Other Features/ Accessories: The Oral-B PRO 5000™ have 5 cleaning modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whitening, Massage, Deep Clean. It also have a Bluetooth communication between brush and smartphone which provides real-time feedback on brushing habits, helping you achieve amazing results. You will get 1 Oral-B FlossAction brush head, 1 portable SmartPlug charger Travel toothbrush case and 1 charging station with brush head storage with every purchase.
- Brushing Timer: A two-minute timer with 30-second intervals helps guide you through the four quadrants of the mouth, making it easy to track how long you’ve been brushing.
- Pressure Sensor: Stops pulsations to notify you when you’re brushing too hard
- Price: The Oral-B PRO 5000™ has a relative expensive price.
- Battery Life: Battery life lasts up to 10 days in one charge only ,compared to other electric toothbrushes that last for 2 weeks (14 days) minimum.
Waterpik® CompleteCare (WP-900) Review
Waterpik’s Complete Care combines superior Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush technologies in one product and it is up to 70% more effective than Sonicare® Flexcare. Waterpik® Water Flossers are clinically proven to be more effective than traditional dental floss for reducing plaque, gingivitis, and gum disease. it’s perfect for anyone with braces or implants, and those with crowns, bridges, and veneers.
- Speed / Cleaning Method: Waterpik® Complete Care is a sonic toothbrush that delivers 31,000 strokes per minute.
- Power Source: This toothbrush uses a rechargeable battery.
- Brushing Timer: Two Minute timer on Toothbrush with 30-Second quadrant pacer
- Price: Waterpik® Complete Care is a relative cheap toothbrush.
- Other Features/ Accessories: Includes a Water Flosser with 5 jet tip attachments, 2 brush heads and a premium travel case.
- Pressure Sensor: Waterpik® Complete Care does not support pressure sensor feature.
- Battery Life: A full charge will last for 1 Week (7 days) which is relatively low compared to its competitors.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean™ Review
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean™ is the newest innovation from Philips Sonicare. It provides the highest level of performance from a Sonicare power toothbrush to date, clinically proven to remove up to four times more plaque than a manual toothbrush in four weeks
- Speed / Cleaning Method: Delivers 31,000 brushing strokes per minute to your mouth and it has 5 cleaning modes – Clean, White, Polish, GumCare and Sensitive.
- Power Source / Battery Life: Philips Sonicare Diamondclean™ has rechargeable batteries that last up to 3 weeks (full to empty)
- Other Features/ Accessories: With your purchase of you will also get two spare brush-heads, a USB Travel Case and a Charging Glass, to charge your electric toothbrush on the go.
- Brushing Timer: The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean™ has two (2) timers. The Smartimer™ which encourages you to brush for a full two minutes (the time recommended by dental professionals ) and the Quadpacer™ that beeps every 30-seconds to make sure you thoroughly brush all four quadrants of your mouth.
- Price: Philips Sonicare Diamondclean™ price is expensive.
- Pressure Sensor: The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean™ does not have a pressure sensor.
Smilex™ Original Ultrasonic Toothbrush Review
The Smilex ultrasonic toothbrush is the culmination of over 20 years of clinical research, product development and actual use by over a million customers worldwide. It is clinically-proven to reduce plaque by 97% in a single use and reduce 60% bleeding reduction in gums and a 28% reduction of gingivitis in just 4 weeks.
- Speed / Cleaning Method: Delivers 96 million ultrasonic waves per minute, and 18,000 brushing strokes per minute. Dual Ultrasonic and Sonic waves gently do all the work for you without any hard brushing.
- Power Source / Battery Life: The long–lasting rechargeable battery in the Smilex lasts for over 2 weeks of twice–daily brushing and comes with a convenient charging base.
- Other Features/ Accessories: In addition to two brush heads, the Smilex also comes with a special gum massage head. This is the ultimate in gum massage, increasing blood circulation in the gums for helping the healing process
- Brushing Timer: Turn the Smilex on and each 45–second interval during the dentist recommended 3–minute bushing period, a pulse is emitted telling you when to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth.
- Price: Smilex Original Ultrasonic™ is expensive.
- Pressure Sensor: Smilex Original Ultrasonic™ does not have a pressure sensor.
Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Review
The Oral-B Precision Black 7000 is in a class of its own. High-end features and a sleek design join forces to bring you an unparalleled brushing experience and superior cleaning. Discover the next level of oral care innovation with the Oral-B PRO Black7000™ SmartSeries with Bluetooth Connectivity electric rechargeable toothbrush
- Speed / Cleaning Method: Delivers up to 48,000 brushing movements per minute (pulsates, oscillates and rotates) for 2x better clean vs. a manual toothbrush to your mouth and it has 6 cleaning modes – Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Whitening, Massage, Sensitive and Tongue Cleaning.
- Power Source / Battery Life: The long–lasting rechargeable battery lasts for over 2 weeks of twice–daily brushing and comes with a convenient charging base.
- Other Features/Accessories: With every purchase you get a sleek, black travel case that protects all the toothbrush’s vital technology. The case is made of different high-tech materials like silicon.
- Brushing Timer: The Wireless SmartGuide™ syncs up with your toothbrush to give you real-time, dentist-inspired feedback. It includes a Star Reward System for extra motivation: five stars that sequentially light up as you brush, giving you a five-star rating when you brush properly for the dentist-recommended two minutes.
- Pressure Sensor: When you brush too hard, the SmartGuide activates a visual warning, encouraging you to decrease pressure to protect your gums.
- Price: The Oral-B Precision Black 7000 is an expensive piece of equipment.
Philips Sonicare HX9111/12 Flexcare Platinum
The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Electric Toothbrush has been featured as a nominee, to our best electric toothbrush guide. You can find real comments from people who purchased the toothbrush at the end.
With nine unique brushing options, an intuitive pressure sensor and advanced brush head technology, Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 flexcare platinum rechargeable electric toothbrush goes beyond traditional cleaning to deliver exceptional plaque removal between teeth and improved gum health.
Reach maximum comfort with three adjustable intensity levels that can be combined with any of the three brushing modes to offer you a customized brushing experience to adapt to your needs.
Designed to be simple and intuitive, the advanced pressure sensor automatically alerts you when you are brushing too hard.
Flexcare platinum includes the new Philips Sonicare intercare brush head for an exceptional clean between teeth.
With advanced tufting technology and extra-long bristles, intercare removes up to 7x more plaque between teeth than a manual toothbrush and improves gum health in just 2 weeks.
Integrated smart-timer and quad pacer encourage attentive brushing of each quadrant of the mouth and reinforce the dentist recommended brushing time of at least 2 minutes.
Sonicare is the power toothbrush brand most often recommended by U.S. Dental professionals.
- Speed / Cleaning Method: Philips Sonicare’s patented sonic technology delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute and drives fluids deep into the tight spaces between your teeth and along the gum line, which results in a cleaner, healthier mouth.
- Power Source / Battery Life: Rechargeable. Enjoy three weeks of brushing on a single charge.
- Other Features/ Accessories: This kit includes 1 flexcare platinum handle, 2 standard intercare brush heads, 2 hygienic travel caps, 1 deluxe charger with cord wrap and brush head storage, and 1 travel case. It also has 9 different cleaning modes, including a UV sanitizer.
- Brushing Timer: The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum™ has two (2) timers. The Smartimer™ which encourages you to brush for a full two minutes (the time recommended by dental professionals ) and the Quadpacer™ that beeps every 30-seconds to make sure you thoroughly brush all four quadrants of your mouth.
- Pressure Sensor: The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum™ has a pressure sensor that gently resonates the handle when user pushes to hard.
- Price: The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum™ has a relative expensive price and some people might not be willing to spend that kind of money for an electric toothbrush.
Dazzlepro Elite Sonic Toothbrush Review
As a gourmand, enjoying to taste a bit of everything, the acidity level in my mouth is quite high. The constant feel of nibbling something leaves me with a lot of food debris between my teeth. Because of this, I struggle with tartar quite often.
My dentist told me it would be great to get a good electric toothbrush since it can do a better cleaning job than any other manual toothbrush. I wanted to do so, but I had one problem. These electric toothbrushes are bulky and hard to carry around, as they occupy quite a large space in the luggage. And I had to travel quite often, so this thought was not too comfortable for me.
I was talking with one of my friends on the phone, telling him how much I hate the toothbrush I have and what the doctor recommended me. I also told him about the thought that bothered me. He said that he found an interesting toothbrush on Amazon, which he purchased, very suitable for traveling as well.
Thus, I did a Dazzlepro elite sonic toothbrush review, about the found product, because I bought it and I want to share my findings. I know it is hard to find an electric toothbrush that can be transported easily, this aspect making me want to write a review.
What I Like About it
- To start with, the Dazzlepro Elite Sonic Toothbrush is less bulky that I expected. In fact, it is quite light weighted.
- The best part is that it has a special case in which it fits, perfect for putting in a bag without occupying too much space. The case closes completely, so there is no risk for dust or anything else to reach the toothbrush.
- The UV sanitizing case will kill all the germs anyway, so regardless of conditions, the toothbrush will remain spotless and save to use each time.
- Another thing that I appreciated a lot about this toothbrush is that it is USB rechargeable. I always carry a laptop around, so where I can find a free socket, I will use my computer to charge the toothbrush. I find this a very modern feature, and necessary at the same time.
- I also like the fact that it has a 2-minute timer, letting you know when a thorough brushing is over. It even has an area-change alert, telling me that it is time to start brushing another part of my mouth. I find this brilliant because I was never sure how much I brush on each side of my mouth.
- Overall, it cleans excellent, and the battery has a good functioning period, without having to charge the toothbrush too often.
Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 Sonicare for Kids
Do you have a child with issues using traditional manual brushes? If you have a few dollars saved on a new brush and want a kid-friendly electrical brush that can eliminate the hassle of manual brushing, Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 is a valuable accessory to consider. It is light, durable, and has a non-irritant design that gets kids excited about brushing in the morning and at night.
The patented sonic system on offer is 75% more effective than manual brushes. Its ability to generate up to 500 strokes per minute is impressive, while its BPA-free construction and ability to penetrate and clean hard to reach areas without irritating the mouth makes it an ideal everyday accessory. You also get a rechargeable battery pack, an interactive application that educates children, and eight fun and interchangeable brush stickers.
Philips Sonicare Essence
Essence of the renowned Philips Sonicare line of electric toothbrushes is a durable white-themed sonic electric toothbrush that removes up to two times more plaque and stain than most manual toothbrushes in the market. The standard e-Series brush head that is comes with is soft and durable.
The dynamic fluid action it generates cleans the gum line and between teeth well, while the two-minute time and the 30-second alert features in offer guarantee a safe and healthier brushing experience. Philips Sonicare Essence draws power from a rechargeable two-week capacity battery pack, has a reminder for faded brushes, and soft well-contoured brushes.
Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control
Best-known for the quality and dependable product in its arsenal, Philips is a novel brand that ranks among the best of all time. If you are shopping for a new electric toothbrush and want a durable model that reflects its value, Sonicare 2 Series is a well-designed model that offers superior plaque control (up to six times better than most traditional brushes) without damaging teeth or irritating users.
It has a stylish coral theme, has a patented sonic technology that generates up to 31,000 strokes per minutes, and has an ergonomic and comfortable head with a dynamic fluid action that clean along the gum line and between teeth well.
It also has an integrated Smartimer that encourages the recommended two-minute cleaning time and a snap-on removable brush head that is relatively easy to replace when damaged or worn. Other notable features are its powerful battery pack with a two-color indicator, its compact and space-saving design, and safe BPA and phthalate-free construction.
Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Plus
Ranking tenth on our list of the 10 best sonic toothbrushes in the market, Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite plus is a novel toothbrush with a high-performance motor-driven sonic technology that generates up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute. This cleans teeth fast and thoroughly.
It also generates a smooth sonic action that cleans along the gum line and hard to reach areas such as between teeth to remove up to 100% more stains and up to seven time more plaques for teeth than most traditional manual toothbrushes.
This is impressive, especially to avid smokers and individuals who have a hard time using the irritant manual brushes in the market. All parts are sturdy and made of BPA and phthalate-free materials. You also get three intelligent settings and a light and portable design.
So In this article you will learn:
- What Kind of Characteristics a good electric toothbrush should have?
- What are the different types of electric toothbrushes in the market now?
- A Presentation Table of the Top 10 Best Electric Toothbrushes ”Nominees”.
- Mini Reviews of the Top 10 Best Electric Toothbrushes.
- A Comparison Table of the ”Nominees” features.
- Which Electric Toothbrush I Actually Bought.
- A Poll to vote the best electric toothbrush.
Characteristics of a Good Electric Toothbrush
According to my research these are the top characteristics your should look into before buying an electric toothbrush.
- Speed: Any electric toothbrush provides motions that are hundreds of times faster than those made by the average human hand wielding a manual toothbrush. The faster movements an electric toothbrush make, the more effective the cleaning is in less time. Electric toothbrushes rotate, vibrate, or oscillate at different speeds.
- Battery Life: Electric toothbrushes must have a power source. Since a power cord plugged into the wall might get in the user’s way, the preferred power source for these devices is some type of battery. In earlier electric toothbrushes, the batteries had to be replaced as they ran out. However, this kind of power source has been almost entirely replaced by the rechargeable battery. It is important for the battery life to last long so you don’t need to recharge it often.
- Cleaning Method:The number of electric toothbrushes available in the market can be overwhelming to buyers. Electric toothbrushes differ in the way they clean teeth.
- Rotating Electric Toothbrushes: The bristles on a rotating electric toothbrush turn around and around. The circular motion mimics the traditional circular pattern with which most users manually brush their teeth.
- Rotating-Oscillating Electric Toothbrushes: In the case of a rotating-oscillating electric toothbrush, the entire head of the toothbrush oscillates during use. The oscillation is a back-and-forth rotation that focuses on a single tooth before moving on to the next one.
- Counter-Oscillating Electric Toothbrushes: Some electric toothbrushes counter-oscillate. On a counter-oscillating toothbrush, each tuft of bristles rotates the opposite way from its neighbors. For example, one tuft may be rotating counterclockwise, while the two on each side of it are going clockwise
- Dual-Head Electric Toothbrushes: Dual-head electric toothbrushes have a rotating section as well as a section that moves from side to side.
- Vibrating Electric Toothbrushes: Instead of rotating or oscillating, vibrating electric toothbrushes buzz rapidly against the teeth.
Here’s a quick video that shows how Rotating-Oscillating Electric Toothbrushes work:
- Brushing Timer: Users typically rush through their oral hygiene routine more quickly than dentists recommend. An electric toothbrush with a timer enables users to know exactly how long they should brush. Buyers looking for an electric toothbrush should make sure that the one they choose includes a timer that runs for the required two minutes.
- Pressure Sensor: Brushing teeth too hard or too vigorously can irritate the gums, causing soreness and bleeding. Over a long period, this kind of heavy brushing could exacerbate conditions such as gum recession. To prevent over-brushing, some manufacturers include a pressure sensor with the electric toothbrush. The sensor sounds a warning if the user is employing excessive pressure during a brushing session. Typically, the warning takes the form of a flash, a beep, or a buzz.