I pay so much attention to the meals I prepare and that is why the first tool I gaze on whenever I want to cook is the kitchen utility knife. And the best knife I recommend for any kitchen is the Wusthof Classic Knife.
Blending with your kitchen gadgets takes a lot of time and effort most especially chef’s cooking for a big restaurant. You just want to get everything right!
This definitely explains why professional chef’s hold on to their knives everywhere they go, it’s just so dear.
Nonetheless, if you are a beginner cook and you are still trying to figure out the best utility knife for you, then your worries are over. I got the best kitchen utility knife for you! Yippee.
Top 5 Kitchen Utility Knives
Victorinox 6 Inch Extra-wide Straight Fibrox Pro Boning Knife with Stiff Blade
The Victorinox knife is a typical utility knife. It is made from high-carbon stainless steel with reasonable strength. It features a protective bolster that prevents the finger from slipping forward as you cut.
Also, the knife comes with a slim design that makes it comfortable to handle with a steady grip.
In addition, the knife is rust resistance and the handle is made of plastic hence the knife is dishwasher safe.
This utility knife can be used to carve turkey during Thanksgiving Day, trim or remove meat and fish from bones. For a low budget shopping, this is the perfect kitchen utility knife for you.
- This utility knife handle is textured, slip resistant, and ergonomically designed for balance and comfort
- The extra-wide, straight, stiff stainless steel blade is ideal for tougher meats such as; pork or beef that require a knife that won’t bend easily
- The knife is ideal for separating meat, poultry, or fish from the bone with precise control
- It features a high carbon stainless-steel blade which provides maximum sharpness and edge retention
- Lastly, the manufacturer gives a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Customers complain the edges require frequent sharpening.
J.A. Henckels International Classic 6″ Utility Knife
Just like the Victorinox utility knife, the J.A. Henckels utility knife is also 6 inches and it deserves its name as a classic! The design is very catchy and the shape/weight is also deserving. The blade is made from high quality German stainless steel.
Furthermore, this knife features a very strong blade that will last for a long period of time. It can be used for almost everything.
Yes! It can perform a variety of task with the user at ease as this knife is quite comfortable and balance well while in use.
Henckels utility knife can be used for cutting vegetables, fruits, and thick sandwiches. Therefore, if you want to step up your kitchen utility knife, go for the classic J.A. Henckels.
- The blade is fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel
- Comes with a fully forged construction which offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
- It is known for long-lasting sharpness
- The ergonomic, traditional triple-rivet handle gives balance and comfort
- It is dishwasher safe
- Classic knife for cutting thick sandwiches, vegetables, and fruits
- Customers complain the handle feels too small in their hands.
Shun DM0722 Classic 6-Inch Serrated Utility Knife
Guess you have been wondering, are there no good serrated utility knives? Well, the answer is Yes! There are quite a lot of them. And the one I will be talking about is the Shun classic serrated knife.
This knife is distinguished for its good cutting abilities. It can cut through bread, meat, vegetables and any sandwich easily.
Although I have a special liking for utility knives with serrations, this is not influencing my review on this kitchen utility knife in any way.
In comparison to other types of utility knives, the Shun classic knife comes with a patterned texture which stops food from sticking to the blade when you are slicing.
Also, the blade is rust resistance hence it will last a very long time. If you also appreciate a serrated blade and value a utility knife that will last long in your kitchen then this knife is your best choice.
- This is a 6-inch utility knife with serrated edge for slicing through ripe tomatoes
- It comes with a stainless-steel blade clad with 16 layers to produce Damascus look that’s rust-free
- Also, has slight patterning which helps to keep cut food from sticking to the blade
- The handle is quite comfortable and has a steel bolster.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- So far, there have been no complaints from consumers.