5 Best Outdoor Basketballs Reviews – Buyer Guide (Updated 2021 )
Basketball is a game that is loved by millions of people all around the globe. People play it at the professional level and also for recreational purposes. It is one of the best ways of full body exercise as it involves a lot of running and jumping. Therefore, we can say that it is a game that you can enjoy playing, as well as it will help you maintain your physical health.
Now whether you are playing basketball with your friends or your family, indoor or outdoors, you would always need to have a ball that is of high quality and have a great bounce when striking the ground. It must be designed and manufactured in a way that it can endure the rough surfaces, such as asphalt and concrete.
The outdoor basketballs are often debated by experts about their quality and the type of surface they must have. According to most of them, the best outdoor basketball must be made with the high-quality composite material, properly inflated and have enough bounce so that the player enjoy the game.
Here are some of the reviews of best outdoor basketball models that a professional or even a recreational player consider while buying. Their silent features, pros, and cons are given here to give a complete idea about these balls so that the player could evaluate them on the basis of their requirements and needs.
#1 Spalding NBA Street Phantom Outdoor Basketball
Spalding NBA Street Phantom outdoor basketball is one of the best outdoor basketball that most of the professional players like to use in their practice sessions. It is equally popular among outdoor recreational players. Here are some of the pros and cons of this outdoor basketball model.
- Spalding NBA Street Phantom outdoor basketball is black and neon in color.
- They are made with durable soft grip technology.
- They have an official size of 7 over 29.5 inches.
- These basketballs have wide channels.
- The weight of these basketballs is also of official NBA.
- Spalding NBA Street Phantom outdoor basketball is durable.
- They have great bounce.
- Their inflation pressure is 7.5 PSI.
- They can retain their strength for almost five years.
- The presence of channels provides great grip.
- The price is a little high as compared to other balls.
#2 Senston Basketball 29.5″ Outdoor Indoor Mens Basketball Ball
Senston Basketball is counted among one of the best outdoor basketball models. All around the world, people like to use it for their professional games, as well as for recreational games on weekends. Many features make this model amazing for an outdoor basketball game. Given below are some of the pros and cons that will guide you if you want to buy it.
- Colorful design black and golden.
- They have wide channels on the surface.
- Made with 100% eco-friendly natural and synthetic rubber.
- Cushion core technology is used to make them.
- They have an official size of 7.
- Senston Basketball is ultra-durable.
- It has moisture absorbing properties.
- They have consistent bounce.
- This model is of great quality.
- The gripping of Senston Basketball is not up to the mark.
#3 Spalding NBA Street Basketball
Spalding NBA street or outdoor basketball is the best model so far for the players who like to pay in the streets. Most of the times, the recreational players and occasionally the professional players like to use this basketball. Some of the pros and cons of these best outdoor basketball model are given for reader guidance.
- Spalding NBA street or outdoor basketball is made in black and orange color.
- They have two sizes, intermediate and official NBA.
- They have wide channel design on their surface.
- Designed exclusively for games played in streets.
- They are made with the composite material.
- Spalding NBA street or outdoor basketball is durable.
- This basketball has moisture absorbing property.
- The channels on the surface improve the bounce of the ball.
- These basketballs have excellent grip.
- The inflation of Spalding NBA street or outdoor basketball is up to 8.5 PSI.
- The price of Spalding NBA street or outdoor basketball is steep.
#4 Under Armour Stephen Curry Outdoor
These basketball shoes are one of the best outdoor basketball shoes that are also used comfortably for indoor games. Most of the experts recommend the beginners to practice their game with this ball. Given below are some of the pros and cons of this ball.
- Under Armour has deep channel design.
- They are made with composite material along with nylon.
- They have butyl bladder.
- They are available in intermediate and official NBA size.
- It has wide channels on its surface.
- It is durable.
- They provide the best grip to the player’s hand.
- The Under Armour can also be used for an indoor basketball game.
- They are made with material that can absorb moisture.
- It can retain its shape for many years.
- This outdoor basketball has a low inflation pressure.
#5 Molten X-Series Outdoor Basketball
Molten X-Series outdoor basketball is used by all players, whether they play indoor or outdoor. This is considered as best outdoor basketball by them because it has the features that help the players enjoy their game. Given below are some of the pros and cons of this ball.
- Molten X-Series outdoor basketball is FIBA approved.
- There are wide channels on its surface.
- It is made for official NBA size only.
- It has its unique 12-panel design.
- It has a synthetic cover on it.
- Molten X-Series outdoor basketball is durable.
- It has very good grip and fitness in hand.
- It has an inflation pressure of 7.5 PSI.
- It can maintain its shape for a long time.
- The ball has proper, consistent bounce.
- This model of outdoor basketball cannot absorb moisture.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Outdoor Basketball
When you plan to buy the best outdoor basketball for yourself or maybe for your child, then make sure you consider some points. Keeping these points in mind while buying can help you in the final selection process. Given below are some of the important points.
The material of basketball holds great significance for the players and their game as well. If the ball is made with the right type of material, only then it will have enough bounce and strength to move around in the court.
The best outdoor basketball is made with two type of materials. One is composite, and the other is rubber. For most of the times, the outdoor basketballs are made with rubber and are considered as best by the experts. The basketballs made with leather are not considered very good for playing outside. Therefore, always try to buy the one that is made of rubber. In addition to rubber, a synthetic material is also used that is called composite to make the basketball.
Outdoor basketballs are made for every age group players. They are available in junior, intermediate and official size. You can use any size of the ball to play outside your home. It all depends on your age and the level at which you are playing the game. Therefore, always make sure that the basketball you are buying for yourself is according to your age group.
Another important point related to the size of the basketball is that if you are playing it professionally, then there are separate size range of outdoor basketballs. Try to buy the one that serves you the best purpose.
The griping of basketball is very important for the players. The gripping depend on the size and the material of the ball. It can affect the grip of the player. Other than the size and material of the ball, the designing of the ball also play a crucial role in the gripping. Therefore, whenever you go for buying a best outdoor basketball for yourself, then always consider the grip of the ball.
The bounce of basketball is very important. The best outdoor basketball provides regular bounce from the center. The material of which it is made must be durable and reliable in terms of back to back bounces. It is important that the ball maintains its consistent bounces. The basketballs that are of average quality lose their central bounce and start their off-center bounce which does not benefit the player. So, keep this point in mind while buying it.
It is also important that the basketball maintain its inflation for a long time, rather than making you rush for inflating it before every single game. Check the bounce of the ball multiple times while buying because it is the best indicator of inflation. The proper rate must lie in between 7.5 and 8.5 PSI.
The durability of the best outdoor basketball can be evaluated by examining the material of which it is made. Mostly, it is believed that the basketballs that are made with the composite material are best durable and take a long time before major wear and tear. So, always check the durability of the material of which selected ball is made of because the performance of the player depends on it.
The price range of the basketball is another important thing to consider. It all depends on your budget, but the advice is that you must buy the one that is suitable for your purpose. If you are a professional player, then you must spend a lot of money buying it to get the best one. But, if you casually play to pass your free time, then there is no need to spend a lot of money. Therefore, first decide what use you are going to make of it and where you are going to use it. Then finalize your buying decision.
One must also keep a good eye on the brand of the outdoor basketball. The most popular ones are Nike and Wilson. They are very popular among the professional players because the balls made by them have almost every good feature that a player wants to have in his ball.
These are some of the basketball features that may not be helpful in your buying process, but they are good to know. There are some of the basketballs that have some valve inserted into them that retains the pressure inside the ball. Also, in some balls, there are channels that most of the players find useful in term of gripping. The pebbles on the surface of the ball make them even more comfortable in gripping. Therefore, take care of these features also so that you can buy an even better basketball for your outdoor games.