Grilling is an inevitable part of many get-togethers and events.
There are many grillers around the world who cannot even think of a summer without grilling.
Who would not love tasty barbecues and tasty meals that are grilled perfectly?
Thus grilling has become the trend of today.
As you know, there are many types of the grill that will help you to get the best taste you want in your meals.
Grills like a charcoal grill, propane gas grill, electric gas grill, etc., are available in the market.
You can choose the best one that fits you and your cooking style.
Among the many grills, propane gas grills are widely used ones.
Their convenience and easy to cook method attract the users. Mostly, Portable propane gas grills are commonly used.
The convenience of the propane gas grills when combined with the portable feature, gives high benefits to the user.
For cooking outside, a portable propane gas grill is the best option.
You would be able to take wherever you would love to have some barbecue with your friends.
Wouldn’t that be great?
A portable propane grill will be using propane gas for fuel.
So you can have fresh and quick food outside.
They are very easy to operate and handy to control temperature.
Choosing a portable propane gas grill should not be done in a rush.
You will have to do enough research about this portable propane gas grill before buying one for yourself.
We can now discuss some qualities you should consider while choosing a portable propane grill for camping.
Size/Cooking area is the first thing you should consider while choosing a portable propane gas grill. You should, first of all, have an idea of how much food you will be grilling on your grill.
If you are grilling just some barbecues occasionally for your friends and family, then a portable propane gas grill with the small cooking area will be enough.
But if you want to grill more amount of food, you will need portable propane grill of the large cooking area.
You can get electronic ignition and battery powered push button igniters in the local markets.
If you choose battery powered push button igniters, you may require battery replacement regularly and may fail at low battery.
So most of the people prefer electronic ignition system.
The heat value should also be chosen according to your style.
A higher value may turn your food overcooked if you are not a fast cook.
Heat value is mostly measured in BTU.
The grill will heat up fast and cook fast if the heat value is high.
The heat value of a portable propane grill typically ranges from 3,000BTU to 30,000BTU depending upon the number of igniters.
A grill pan and a propane bottle are the two parts of a portable gas grill.
The user manual of the product will help you to install it quickly.
Mostly, you will be able to cook within an hour. If you are buying a built-in gas grill,
you will need the help of a technician to do the installation.
Most of you may love to get an extra gas bottle.
Such people can choose portable propane gas grills that come with that option.
The other accessories include barbecue toolkits, racks, temperature control lids, extra gas elements, and different grill plates, etc.
When you are about to buy a portable propane grill from online stores like Amazon or Walmart, you will find a number of brands which may confuse you as to which to use.
It is also very difficult to visit each brand’s site to know the features of each one.
This article will give you the complete details of the top 15 portable propane grills in the market.
This will help you to choose the best portable propane grill that will fit your needs. So let us begin.
Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
The Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill will be the perfect option for camping, tailgating, picnic and all other outdoor programs.
This portable stainless steel table top gas grill is built especially for the BBQ-grillers who keep on traveling.
The product has a long-lasting construction.
You can enjoy outdoor cooking wherever you want, for example, on picnics, camping, boating, tailgating or even in your own backyard with this product.
- The long-lasting Stainless Steel construction allows you to enjoy outdoor cooking wherever you want
- It has a compact design with a locking lid
- The grill operates on Small, disposable one-pound propane cylinders
- Folding legs and large front carry handle make this grill very portable and easy to transport or store
- You can easily convert it to a 20Lb propane bottle by using the smoke hollow 205 4ft universal propane gas hose and adapter
Reasons to buy this
- It comes with a chrome-plated warming rack
- The product has 10, 000 BTU Stainless Steel “U” burner
- It has 305 Sq. In. Cooking Surface
- The legs fold under nicely and the lid latches down well
- It has a faster warm-up, and significantly shorter cooking times
- The handle is large enough to make carrying comfortable
- The insides are easily removable for cleaning
- The construction is solid
- The drip covers are not very heavy weight and stain easily
- The grill has too much outside air circulation
- The temperature cannot be turned down low enough to help control flare-ups
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill
The Coleman RoadTrip Grill helps you to grill your favorite dishes at backyard cookouts, camping trips, or tailgate parties.
It gives you enough power to prepare an array of foods, from grilled veggies to thick cuts of steak.
You will have enough space to prep meals for the whole family with this portable propane grill.
- It has individually adjustable dual burners blast out a total of 22,000 BTUs of heat
- There is a built-in thermometer that lets you monitor just how hot you’re cooking
- The product features a cooking surface of 285 square inches
- The swap top interchangeable cooktops offer the option to switch out porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates for griddle tops or stove gates
- The InstaStart ignition allows you to light the burners with the push of a button
Reasons to buy this
- There are stainless steel sliding side tables to keep utensils and ingredients handy
- The cooking power is fully adjustable
- The grease tray catches drippings and is removable for easy cleaning
- It is at a convenient working height
- The product is well designed
- The grill can get insanely hot, very quickly
- There is a lot of cool accessories with this product
- It is easy to put together
- You can not adjust the grill height to get the food away from the flame
- The grease pan is hard to pull out
Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE
The Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE helps to you to explore your grilling skills.
Take it to your favorite cooking spot and set it up in a matter of seconds with the lift and lock system.
This portable propane gas grill is perfect for BBQs, picnics, tailgating, camping or a night on the patio.
The product folds down small enough to fit in the back of most car trunks.
- This product delivers 20,000 BTUs of heat across 285 square inches of grilling surface
- The Instastart button ignites grill without the need for a match or lighter
- The swap top interchangeable cooktops allow you to switch grill grates
- It folds to compact size with large handle and wheels for easy pulling
- The 2 independently adjustable burners give you precise control for 2 temperature zones
Reasons to buy this
- The product has cast-iron and porcelain-coated surfaces with a removable grease tray
- The collapsible design is easy to transport and fits into most car trunks
- The Lower grill and slide back until leg extensions lock into brackets on the bottom of grill stand.
Pros & Cons
- The wheels are so nice when wanting to move it around
- The two side tables slide in and out really easily
- It is just heavy enough to be stable in the wind
- The grill is compact and stores away in a very small space
- Cleaning this grill is easy due to the very removable grills and the chrome plated burner base
- There isn’t a low setting
- The lid is way too close to the grates to cook with the lid down
- The grease catch tray is not in a convenient location
Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Grill provides you with flexibility.
It is simple and lightweight at only 10 lbs.
This Gas Tabletop is a perfectly transportable grill.
There is space to grill mouth-watering burgers or tasty hot dogs for more than a carload of friends in this grill.
It heats up quickly to grill your fish, chicken, vegetables, and more whenever you want.
Packing up is hassle-free.
- The legs fold over the top of the grill to lock the lid in place
- The convenient hook allows you to hang the lid while you grill
- This product features heat-resistant handles
- It is great for grilling and indirect cooking at low temperatures
- It has 190 square inches of cooking surface with 11,000 BTU burner
Reasons to buy this
- It has quality rust-resistant steel firebox and lid construction
- The product has high-temperature porcelain finish for prolonged grill life
- The cooking grate is dishwasher safe and a snap to clean
Pros & Cons
- It is so easy to assemble
- The product is simple to use
- The grill surface is really spacious for a portable one
- The built-in ignitor is great
- It heats very evenly across the who grille surface
- The instructions are very poor
- The gas adjustment is not up to the mark
- The grease will just fall to the bottom of the grill