The most beneficial yogurt maker is the one that is economical and user-friendly.
There are many types of models available in the market. But the main question arises how to select the best one.
Listed below are some factors that you must follow in picking the best yogurt maker.
Factors To Be Considered When Choosing the Best Yogurt Maker
Pot size: The first thing you’ll need to consider is how much yogurt you make per day. This will generally depend on how much you consume.
How many people live in your house?
Does the whole family eat yogurt? All these components decide about the yogurt pot size. Different brands have pots with different volume capacity.
Type: The logical option is always simple and easy to use makers. When you start your research, then you will find different types of yogurt makers. Some produce fresh cheese, sour cream, and buttermilk.
- Nonelectrical ones are also there. Nonelectrical yogurt makers use hot water to warm the milk.
- The electric ones have a timer that automatically stops the yogurt making process when the yogurt is ready; this time is required since the machine keeps the temperature constant with the use of electricity. You can also notice the ongoing fermentation process since it has see-through lids.
- There is frozen yogurt maker also. By using this, you can make delicious and sorbets ice creams. A yogurt maker with one jar is the best option for making one yogurt type. If you are going to make different flavors, then prefer to choose a yogurt maker that has various smaller jars. The advantage of individual small containers is that most are designed to go straight into the refrigerator and come with a cover so that they can be packed into Tiffin or taken with you for a healthy ready-made snack.
You must select that one which suits your family needs.
Heating: If the yogurt maker does not heat properly to the desired temperature, then yogurt will not be made in the right way as fermentation will not happen. And too much heat will kill the bacteria.
So this is the most imperative aspect while purchasing a yogurt maker. If a yogurt maker does not heat and maintain the right temperature, there is no use for it with other latest features even in the jazzy models.
Cost: This is also the most important factor to consider when purchasing the yogurt maker. Some brands may be more pricey while others may be less pricey. This may be tricky because the inexpensive ones have a shorter life and compared to the expensive ones due to reliability and better quality.
Best yogurt makers are always available within the price range from 15 dollars to 200 dollars. The price is mainly related to the model or brand.
On the basis of these factors buy the one that meets your requirements.
Top 9 Best Yogurt Maker
We research a lot for selecting the top 5 best yogurt maker for you. Before buying a yogurt maker, make sure you go into every detail about the product. Click on read details button and know everything about the yogurt maker you want to buy.
Euro Cuisine GY50 Greek Yogurt Maker
The Euro Cuisine GY50 is an instrument which is used to make Greek yogurt or cheese from plain yogurt. Greek yogurt maker is made from plain yogurt by straining the whey from the yogurt. The product will be more thick, rich and creamier than the plain yogurt.
This GY50 Greek Yogurt Maker helps you make homemade Greek Yogurt from the plain yogurt made at home or bought from a store. The container can hold about 2 quarts of curd for straining process.
The components of this Greek yogurt maker are made of BPA free materials. When the plain yogurt is strained of the whey, it becomes very thick and creamy such that you can make different flavored cheese yogurt.
The GY50 Greek Yogurt maker weighs just 1.5 pounds and the dimensions are 10 x 10 x 5.2 inches.
Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Automatic Frozen Yogurt
Everybody loves frozen desserts, be it yogurt, ice cream or sorbet. Cuisinart frozen great yogurt maker helps you make these desserts at home. Sounds great, isn’t it? I am going to list out the features, advantages and disadvantages of this product here.
The Cuisinart frozen dessert maker is an asset to the kitchen if you and your family enjoy frozen desserts a lot. Below are the features of this kitchen gadget.
- Cuisinart frozen yogurt has the capacity to hold up to 2 quarts of frozen desserts.
- The gadget comes with the lid which has an opening at the top so that you can add your mixing, once the dessert is ready.
- The machine has a double insulated freezer container to make the frozen desserts and a mixing blade which can be connected to the motor for the churning process.
- You can get the dessert ready within 25 minutes
- The stainless steel motor base has a place to tuck the power cord in.
- The package comes with an instruction and recipe book.
The freezer bowl can hold up to 2 quarts which is big enough for a family of 4. It does not take much time to prepare the frozen yogurt (just need maximum of 25 minutes). You can even make sorbet, and ice cream.
There is a place to tuck in the cord so that you can keep the machine clean and tidy. The recipe book included helps you make delicious desserts at home. The ingredient spout allows you to add the mix-ins at the end (this should be done in the last 5 minutes).
First of all let me remind you that this is a frozen dessert maker not the conventional great yogurt maker. You have to first make the yogurt and then churn it in Cuisinart Pure Indulgence for the frozen treat. The power cord is short so you will have to move the machine around to get it connected to the socket.
Dash Greek Yogurt Maker Bonus Pack
Just like flavored yogurt everybody likes to have a serving of rich and creamy flavored Greek yogurt. This kitchen appliance is specifically build to prepare Greek yogurt at home. For which Dash greek yogurt maker is best in market.
The Dash Greek Yogurt Maker pack is a perfect buy for making the Greek yogurt and serving it with different flavors. The features of the Dash Greek Yogurt Maker included in this pack are:
- It can make up to 2 quarts of yogurt.
- It has one large container to make yogurt.
- It has one small container which can be used to strain the yogurt and make Greek yogurt.
- This Greek yogurt strainer can be cleaned without breaking a sweat
- The Dash Greek Yogurt Maker has an automatic timer which relieves you from the hassle of checking the timer every now and then.
This is an all in one package for making yogurt and Greek yogurt. The components and accessories in the pack are made from BPA free material and can be washed using any dishwasher.
You even get a travel mate so that you can carry your favorite dessert with you. The yogurt maker weighs only 4.9 pounds with dimensions 12.2 x 11.4 x 8.7 inches which makes in compact so that it does not take up much space in your kitchen counter.
The only not so great thing that I found while researching about this product was that the strainer is relatively smaller than the capacity of the container used to strain the Greek Yogurt.
Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt and Greek Yogurt Makers
he Euro YM260 Yogurt maker can make 2 quarts of yogurt at a time. This comes as a package of yogurt maker, cotton bag (to strain whey to make cheese), serving bowl, and thermometer.
This is a yogurt maker which can be helpful for you if you want to make rich, tasty and thick yogurt at home. The yogurt container lets you make 2 quarts of yogurt at a time (around 64 ounce).
You can use any kind of milk (even soya milk) to make the yogurt and comes with a container which can be used as storage to keep in refrigerator, stainless steel thermometer and a cotton bag to make cheese / Greek yogurt.
The timer present on the side of the Euro Cuisine Yogurt maker and Greek Yogurt Maker indicates the times left for the complete fermentation.
- You can make around 64 ounce of yogurt at a time.
- You get the cotton bag to make Greek yogurt
- This is a complete package for making and serving the yogurt.
- The company provides three year warranty and the material used to make the container is BPA free.
- You can use any type of milk even soya milk.
- The kit also contains a thermometer which can be used to measure the temperature of the mix.
Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker
Salton Yogurt maker mainly comes in two models, one is YM 7 and one is YM9. Here we are going to discuss about the Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Makers.
Operating Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker is easy and you can have your favorite flavored yogurt at any time. This yogurt is temperature controlled which means you need to plug this to a plug point, though this does not feature an ON and OFF button. It weighs only about 4 pounds and is quite compact to occupy very little space.
The salient features of this yogurt maker are:
- You can make up to 1 quart yogurt using this Yogurt maker
- This has a temperature control mechanism.
- The container inside the yogurt maker can be kept in the freezer so that you can make the frozen yogurt which is a delicious snack for both kids and adults.
- There is no ON or OFF switch for this yogurt maker, you just have to plug and unplug it. But you have a timer at the top of the glass lid.
- The weight of Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Makers is 4 pounds and the dimensions are 8.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches.
The Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker is temperature controlled and can make up to 1 quart of yogurt at a time. The container is freezer friendly so you can directly keep it in the freezer. The Yogurt maker does not have on/off switch; you just have to plug it into the power socket.
The lid of the container is like a dome so it is difficult to place in the freezer with the lid. You do not get the thermometer to measure the temperature, if you want to check the temperature of the milk or the mix you need to buy one.
Euro Cuisine GY50 Greek Yogurt Maker
This one is one of the best for Making Greek Yogurt/Cheese Yogurt. It can transform up to 2qt of plain Yogurt into Greek Yogurt. All components are BPA Free.
- 2qt of plain
- For Making Greek Yogurt/Cheese Yogurt
- BPA Free
- Simple instructions and recipes
Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker
It is easy to use. It has started and stops button yogurt making, time controller, temperature controller, stainless steel styling, digital time display, etc. It also has the automatic cooling system for the perfect chilling temperature. You can make 50-ounce yogurt at once and can serve six 8-ounce of yogurt.
- Built-in cooling system
- 50-ounce yogurt container
- Easy operation starts and stops
- Time controls make it easy to set
- Stainless steel styling
- 120 volts.
- BPA free
Euro Cuisine YMX650 Automatic Digital Yogurt Maker
This one is another best automatic yogurt maker. It can make seven 6-oz. Servings of yogurt. You can control the ingredients, flavors, sweetness, fat content and thickness.
- 7 Rotary Date Setting Lids
- Includes a storage compartment
- Blue LED Digital Timer Display beeps
- Glass Jars are Top Rack DISHWASHER SAFE
- BPA-FREE Plastic Lids
Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker
It is easy to use without any hazards. It can maintain the ideal temperature required for preparing healthy, natural and perfect yogurt.
- Specially designed to maintain the ideal temperature
- Perfect for carbohydrate diet
- Dishwasher-safe inner container
- Kit comes with instructions
Benefits Of Using Yogurt Makers:
I love yogurt and eat it almost every week for an afternoon snack, and I cook with it often as well. I usually buy the large 4-cup containers. But I have been thinking about getting a yogurt maker as there are many benefits of using yogurt maker which are as follows:
No additives or preservatives: By using yogurt maker you will get pure yogurt without any flavors or additives. The yogurt will not contain artificial colors also so that you will get healthy yogurt. A healthy dose of yogurt will do a lot of good to not only your digestive tract but a lot more.
Control sweetener: A yogurt maker gives you the flexibility of sweetener. You can use sugar, syrups, nectar or any option to prepare your yogurt. It is considered as a Bone-Friendly Food as it helps in building bone strength. For young girls, getting their calcium from dairy products like milk will have stronger and faster growth of bones.
Control fat content: You are able to control your fat content by selecting the appropriate milk which can be 2%, 1%, skim, powdered or skim milk. It depends on what type of milk is best for you and your health benefits.
Flavor: You are not limited to three or four flavors, but you can make any flavor at home with your own yogurt maker.
Low-fat food: Yogurt helps in reducing the high blood pressure and is a low fat food product. I’m sure you know that yogurt has some types of bacteria in them that are good for your health conditions and immune system
One of the bacteria helps you build better body defense system. It is found that if you eat a daily serving of yogurt every day, your immune system will respond and act more effectively.
Reduce Major Health Risks: Dairy foods are found in reducing many health challenges. According to what I’ve read, researchers show that by eating low-fat yogurt along with another low-fat dairy can help lower the risks of increased blood pressure level by simply 50%.
It may help you to function properly and improve the cholesterol level; it lowers bad cholesterol levels and simultaneously increases the beneficial one.
As yogurt is pre-digested, it is stomached by most persons even sick or ailing. It is most useful when used during the ingestion of antibiotics as yogurt alleviates the destruction of friendly bacteria in the gut, for example, Lactobacillus Acidophilus.
How to Use It
A yogurt maker is one of the easiest kitchen appliance to use. And because the technology doesn’t vary that much, they pretty much work the same way. Unless stated by the maker, here are the simple steps on getting yummy homemade yogurt with your best yogurt maker:
- You will need yogurt starter packs and most of the time, when you buy the best yogurt maker of your choice, it will usually come together. If so it happens that the starter pack does not come with the price, you can always buy it separately; usually in the same place where you bought the yogurt maker.
- Before putting the milk inside the yogurt maker, you will need to heat it on the stove/ in the microwave. You can choose any milk of your liking, from cow’s milk to goats, from full cream to non-fat.
- Cool the milk until room temperature or as instructed by the manufacturer. In the mean time, start warming up the yogurt maker.
- Mix the content of the starter pack with the milk. Put the mixture in the yogurt maker and program the machine to start the process.
- Follow the instructions when it comes to the cooking time. It can vary between 4 to 8 hours but some machine may take a longer time. The longer the incubation time, the thicker, creamier and tangier the yogurt will be.
- Store the yogurt inside the refrigerator and keep it chill for a few hours before consuming it. You can add flavorings and fruits to your liking.
Easy enough isn’t it?