Top 10 Kitchen Tools For Making Homemade Baby Food
Making baby food is easy if you know the right steps and have the right tools, most of which you probably already have. If I were asked to guess which one of the tools mentioned below you don’t own, I would pick immersion blenders. Why? Because it appears that many people are still unaware of the vast benefits they provide to anyone that cooks.
That said, let’s take a look at what those gadgets and tools are and their respective functions in the kitchen as regards preparing baby food.
1. Stick mixer: Great for making a purée of on-the-go meals or for small quantities of food.
2. Permanent marker: Used to keep tabs on the food type and date it was prepared by labeling the freezer bags.
3. Masher: Pretty self-explanatory – for mashing fruits and vegetables.
4. Steamer basket: Useful when you want to steam fruits and vegetables.
5. Fine mesh strainer: Making purée finer and smoother by separating more textured particles from puréed food. You can also use a small holed strainer.
6. Strainer: Perfect for draining fruits and vegetables after cooking. You can also use a colander.
7. Freezer bags: These are what you need to store frozen food cubes after removing them from the ice tray.
8. Ice cube tray: For freezing baby food.
9. Grinder: Same purpose as stick mixers.
10. Food processors and blenders: Ideal for mashing, puréeing, and blending.
Please bear in mind that a baby food maker is an unnecessary purchase if you have all of the above. There’s no need to purchase costly kitchen appliances. Also, while puréeing food, don’t fill the appliance to the brim. Th at will decrease it’s efficiency.