Energy efficiency has always been the main reason to switch from the conventional Tankless Water Heater to the more technologically advanced tankless variant. This is currently a trendy product available with numerous brands from many different manufacturers. Regarding efficiency and features, one of the following products is probably the best tankless water heater you can get.
Top 10 Tankless Water Heater Reviews
Ecosmart ECO 27 Review
If you’re in the quest for an electric heater that will cut down your expenditure on electricity bills, then you need to look no further than the Ecosmart ECO 27 electric heater which combines advanced technology and effective heating techniques. This is among the models that have enjoyed considerably high ratings owing to its outstanding performance over the years.
Main Features and Benefits
1. Energy Efficient – While tank-less heaters are famed for their energy saving capabilities, the Ecosmart ECO 27 water heater goes above board due to the original self-modulating system. This system which is automatic and allows power adjustments depending on the amount of energy required to heat a particular volume of water.
The heater is tank-less, meaning it doesn’t store and heat water as is the case with traditional water heaters. With the ECO 27, the water is heated as it goes through the central heating system. You can save up to 60% of heating costs.
2. Compact and Easy to Use – Not only is the Ecosmart ECO 27 energy efficient but user-friendly as well. The heater is small and does not occupy a lot of space. The tank electric heater can be operated from the side almost effortlessly. In addition to this, it’s quite easy to install the ECO 27 in comparison to most gas-powered models. While this is true, it’s always safer to seek the services of a qualified technician especially if you have no prior installation know how.
3. Attractive, Lustrous and Well-designed – The design taken by the Ecosmart ECO 27 is not only lustrous but attractive too. It comes with a digital display over the knob, clearly marked on how you can adjust the temperature. The system offers you the luxury to set the heater at a certain heating temperature, in variations of 1 degree thereby preventing possible fluctuations.
The ECO 27 might be small in appearance, but it heats 3 gallons of water in one minute at relatively low temperatures of 37 degrees.
4. Lifetime Warranty – The Ecosmart ECO 27 has a lifetime warranty at least for customers in the United States and Canada. The warranty covers exchangers, electronic items, and other essential components. Buyers outside these two countries can seek information on terms and conditions as far as the warranty is concerned at Ecosmart’s official website.
Where to Buy
The Ecosmart ECO 27 can be bought from a host of online stores, but you can buy the appliance on Amazon. When the review is written, the online store offers a good discount with free shipping option. Click here to buy the Ecosmart ECO 27 on Amazon.
Rinnai RL75iN Review
Built under the Rinnai’s tradition of quality and excellence the Rinnai RL75iN is an indoor natural gas water heater that can produce up to 7.5 gallons of water per minute making it very idyllic for mid-sized homes. This unit is quite affordable, bringing together efficiency and great value for money.
Main Features and Benefits
1. Saves Money on Energy Bills – The Rinnai RL75iN is an Energy Star Certified product allowing you to make some savings on energy bills which in extension means that you don’t have to worry about electric supply to produce hot water as the heater can operate on its natural gas made possible by the RL75iN’s minimum 10,300 BTU and maximum 180,000 BTU gas rates.
The Rinnai RL75iN is Eco-friendly and has an energy factor of 0.82 or an equivalent of 82% efficiency. Its functionality is guaranteed with an assurance of steady flow of hot water in your home.
2. It is Small and Sleek – The RL75iN comes with a sleek, modern design that can fit in the available space. With this model, you don’t have to be concerned with pipes and tube hangings as is the case with traditional gas heaters; you can let the vent out through any penetration which by extension means you can mount the RL75iN in any room you desire.
3. An Additional Array of Sophisticated Features – The Rinnai RL75iN is a smart product regarding technology. It boasts a Digital Controller in addition to an Error Code indicator which lets you know of any impending malfunction instantly.
It is accustomed to Rinnai’s full line of digital controllers that vary from 98 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit for residential use as well as 98 degrees Fahrenheit to 160 degrees Fahrenheit for commercial use.
The heat exchanger has a 12-year warranty, a 5-year warranty on parts and a further 1-year warranty on residential installations.
Where to Buy
The Rinnai RL75iN water heater can be purchased from some online stores, but on Amazon, it is available at a good deal which includes free shipping. You are bound to make a saving if you buy it on Amazon.
Eccotemp L5 Review
The Eccotemp L5 portable is a top-selling tank-less water heater, and there is a good reason to this given the impressive features and flawless technology it boasts. As if this is not enough, the heater can be converted into an outdoor shower in a matter of minutes. It is this very feature that is Eccotemp’s L5 main claim to fame.
Main Features and Benefits
1. Easy to Install and Use – The Eccotemp L5 portable comes with a user-friendly interface and can be installed without much ado. Due to its portability, its manufacturers’ have ensured that its installation is less complicated so that it can serve its very essence.
The doors have to be connected to a propane tank and a garden hose nozzle for the L5 to function. It is attuned with an automatic ignition key, which guarantees the flow of hot water minutes after the tap is turned on. This unit supports a multi-spray system which allows you to set pressure levels as per your liking and a knob for adjusting temperatures.
3. It is Battery-operated – Bearing in mind that the Eccotemp L5 portable is designed for outdoor use, having it run on D-cell batteries is only sensible. It supports a minimum pressure of 20 PSI and a maximum pressure of 10 PSI. This is the ideal heater to use when you don’t have electricity connection. The L5 heats water in a range varying from 80 degrees to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. It is Compact and Handy – Generally, waters heaters are meant to be immobile, but the L5 defies this rule by being portable. You can move it from one point to another as long as you’re assured of the constant flow of water. Unlike many traditional water heaters, it doesn’t have a tank and weighs only 11 pounds.
Where to Buy
Rheem RTE 13 Review
Rheem is an established and trusted maker of electric tank-less water heaters, and it’s not surprising that their RTE 13 model has been well received in the market given the company’s good reputation. The Rheem RTE 13 has an impeccable performance not to mention it’s an Energy Star Certified product thus energy efficient.
Main Features and Benefits
1. Compact, Space-saving Model – One of the major shortcomings of traditional water heaters is the tank they come with thereby occupying a lot of space. However, with the Rheem RTE 13, this is adequately addressed by its sleek and compact design. If you don’t want to clutter your bathroom with large water heaters, then the RTE 13 is the ideal choice as it measures 7.2 x7.2 x 7.2 inches and weighs 7.8 only.
It’s the compact size of this unit that makes it perfect for use along with other appliances in the house. This unit can serve multiple purposes in addition to regular use.
2. Provides Hot Water Instantly – The Rheem RTE 13 presents a total shift from conventional water heaters which heat and store water at the same time. Once you switch on the appliance, the water gets heated as it passes through the heating system located inside the unit in a matter of seconds.
Upon switching off the appliance, temperatures drop, and no further heating takes place. The RTE 13 can heat up to 4.4 gallons of water per minute, guaranteeing you a constant supply of hot water for all your household needs.
3. Simple Installation Procedure – The thought of complicated installation processes that come with most water heaters scares many consumers. Not with the Rheem RTE which it comes as a single unit making the installation process relatively easy. All that is needed of you is to mount it on the wall and connect the pipes.
However, it’s imperative to mention that seeking professional help is advisable as the Rheem RTE 13 warranties only cover consumers who had their heater installed with the help of a technician.
Where to Buy
Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Review
Takagi tankless water heaters are touted as one the best in the market thanks to some innovative features. The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG indoor tankless water heater doesn’t disappoint as comes with incredible features and offer reliability to its users too. This small, but powerful unit is designed to meet all hot-water needs for your home or apartment with one or two bedrooms.
1. Compact and Advanced Model – The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG takes pride in being the smallest of all the Takagi water heaters in the market. It’s small, lustrous and easy to use. It weighs 38 pounds and comes with a dimension of 6.7 x 13.8 x 20 inches. While the heater is small, it’s powerful enough to allow a maximum flow of 6.6 gallons of water per minute.
The Takagi T-KJr2- IN-NG is attuned with inlet and outlet thermistors for constant temperature monitoring. It can be changed into a direct unit by use of the TV 10 conversion kit option to be used on garages as well.
2. Energy Efficient – The most outstanding feature that has made the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG popular with consumers is its energy efficiency. It works on natural which means you don’t need electricity to operate it. This makes it the ideal unit if you want to cut electricity costs. The heater has an Energy factor of 0.81 to 0.83 and a gas input of 19500 to 140,000 BTU/h.
3. Easy to Install – You can easily mount the Takagi water heater on the wall without many difficulties. However, it’s important to mention that should you have no prior know-how on installation, seek the help of a profession. Faulty installation may raise safety concerns; furthermore, you should be aware that the unit’s warranty is only valid for those consumers whose installation was professionally done.
Where to Buy
Ecosmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater Review
The Ecosmart Eco is one of the most in-demand electric tankless water heaters currently on the market. This is due to a variety of reasons including its price, cost-saving measures and its size. However, does the Ecosmart 11 warrant this accolade of being one of the best. This review will find out. We reviewed this electric water heater by replacing a tank electric heater that was over 5 years old and starting to show its age.
Size and Performance
Th Ecosmart ECO 11 electric tankless water heater is a very compact powerful piece of equipment that is capable of heating 2 gallons of water per minute. This is a fairly decent rate making the water heater ideal for homes with 2 bathrooms. The appliance also contains a Digital Temperature Control that allows you to change the water Ecosmart 11 Tankless water heater comparison temperature in increments of 1 Degree which made was for myself as I prefer my water temperature to be exactly how I like it. There is nothing than a shower that is too hot or too cold making for a terrible shower experience that doesn’t make you feel entirely clean. However, the tankless water heater is also capable of heating water for your sink be it in your bathroom or your kitchen. Hot water can be provided throughout the household instantly and on demand. Where once your tank water heater would take up your entire cupboard, the Ecosmart Eco 11 takes up just a tiny space on the wall with very few tubes and wires. Powered by 11Kw and 220 Volts this device will provide hot water whenever and wherever.
Compared to my previous electric tank water heater I had projected I would save $300 per year in my water heating bills. This astounded me as I was not expecting this cost-saving otherwise I would have purchased this tankless water heater earlier. The price is also low up front too. For just under $300, this easy to install device has already saved me money. This is due to the fact this water heater only work on demand. Saving energy and money. This makes this model one of the greenest appliances on the market which has made it a favorite amongst of the public. Research has also shown that the Ecosmart 11 can save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost.
Finding anything negative regarding this device was difficult. But if I were nitpicking I would have to say for a more larger home the gallon per minute of water heating may not be sufficient. If you have a larger home, you may be best to look at some of the more powerful tankless water heaters we’ve reviewed to satisfy your needs.
To conclude I would have to say I highly recommend the Ecosmart Eco 11 tankless water heater for not only it’s compact and easy to install maintenance but also the price and cost savings. If you are looking for a cheap, energy saving tankless heater, then you certainly can not go wrong with the Ecosmart Eco 11 especially when there is a lifetime warranty. This comes highly recommended and our favorite out of all our tankless water heaters.
Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide
There are many factors to take into account when deciding which tankless you would need for your home. Firstly you need to assess;
- How much hot water you will need
- How much you are willing to pay
- The price of your bills
- The number of bathrooms in your house
- Gallons of hot water per minute
The more expensive larger tankless water heaters will produce many more gallons per minute of hot water, making this type of heater ideal for larger homes. These appliances will perhaps be unnecessary for smaller homes. Therefore the smaller, cheaper models may be more appropriate.
You should also determine what type of instant water heater you would like. The choices you have are electric, natural gas or liquid propane. All have their advantages. Electric heaters are cheaper to buy, but this will increase your heating bills. However, natural gas and propane water heaters are more expensive to buy up front but will save you more money on your gas bills in the long term.
When purchasing a standalone water heater that produces instant, on-demand hot water, make sure you do plenty of research before committing to the buy. The most important things to look for are:
- Gallons per minutes
Taking all these into account will help set you on the right path to purchase the tankless device that your home needs.
Tankless Water Heater Benefits
Tankless water heater becomes the more effective variant, and it does bring a lot of technological improvement over the traditional type. It does offer well-appreciated benefits especially from the standpoints of efficiency, space-saving, and ease of use.
1. Never Run Out of Hot Water
The main idea of a tankless water heater is that the unit doesn’t have to store gallons of water in any tank. Anytime you need a flow of hot water; the appliance will speedily heat up water from any available source and distribute it to you. In other words, it only needs power when the faucet is turned on.
2. More Efficient
With no tank to store water, the appliance does not need to heat it when not in use. A tankless water heater can be powered by either propane gas or electricity, but the appliance will only use the power when you switch it on. As a result, you never waste energy on hot water that you are not currently using.
3. Take up Less Space
The absence of tank greatly reduces the overall dimensions of a water heater. A tank that can store up to 60 gallons of water is considerably big, but you will not have it in a tankless variant. The dimension of a tankless water heater is comparable to a suitcase.
4. Longer Lifespan
The typical lifespan of a tankless water heater is about 20 years. In contrast, the functional life of its tank-equipped counterparts is only about 13 years. Considering the energy efficiency feature and space-saving aspect, you can save a lot of money in the long run.
Tankless Water Heater Drawbacks
Even the best tankless water heater has its drawbacks. Putting aside the manufacturing defects, all tankless water heaters from any brand share the same disadvantages. Some important things you should know before deciding to make a purchase are listed below.
You should expect to pay at least $1,000 for a good tankless water heater. Of course, the idea is that you pay more upfront, but the energy saving mechanism and durability of the appliance will make it more economical after years of usage. It does not change the fact that the price tag difference is huge, which can be a deal breaker for some people.
2. Higher BTU Requirement
A conventional water heater powered by propane or gas requires 30,000 to 50,000 British thermal unit (BTU) to operate properly. On the other hand, the tankless variant probably uses 150,000 to 200,000 BTU to do the same job. If you want to purchase electric-powered unit instead, please make sure your electrical system has enough supply of power.
3. Limited Water Storage
A tankless heater can only supply a limited volume depending on product specification. When used simultaneously for some hot showers, the water temperature can drop, and the flow rate will be reduced accordingly.
4. Additional Costs for Stainless Steel Tubing
Special venting is required to install a tankless water heater. In some cases, the warranty void if the installation is faulty or not done by professionals. A stainless steel tubing to accommodate the high-powered heater/burner will significantly add the upfront cost.
What to look for in a Tankless Water Heater
There are some important considerations to put into account about the tankless water heater. To make sure you purchase the right thing for your needs and that your money is well spent, please consider below aspects.
1. Power Source
There are two power configurations available for a tankless heater including electric and propane or gas. For those who are replacing a storage tank water heater, it is best to purchase one that uses the same source of power. You don’t have to install an entirely different plumbing system, so you may only need to replace the venting or tubing materials.
2. Flow Rate
The Bigger flow rate is required if many people in the house use hot water. A flow rate of at least 6 gallons per minute should be good to supply hot water for 3 or 4 hot showers simultaneously. The best tankless water heater is not necessarily one with the highest flow rate, but one that is suitable for your family’s need.
Dimensions can greatly affect ventilation requirements or the plumbing connected to it. This is important especially if you are upgrading to a larger unit. Nonetheless, there are many products with small dimensions so it should not be difficult for you to choose.
Water heater with Energy Star, WaterSense, or UL Listed certification means the product is properly tested and considered safe for usage and environment. Energy Star and WaterSense testing focus on energy and water efficiency, while UL emphasizes on safety risks.
Longer warranty usually comes with a higher price tag as well. Warranty coverage typically lasts for up to 12 years, but some manufacturers even offer a lifetime warranty. Long warranty period usually means better quality, so choose an only product that comes with the longest warranty period available.
You should choose a water heater depending on your personal preferences and needs. Any best tankless water heater should be one that’s easy to install and connect to your existing power plumbing system. The warranty that comes with the product must also properly cover heat exchanger, other parts, and manufacturing defects for a considerable period. Don’t forget to read tankless water heater reviews on here or other sites.
Published by Christine
One of the things I wanted to accomplish when I began my internet business was to give my visitors a better experience than they could find anywhere else. View more posts