With wet shaving, one of the essential items you’d want to have is the best shaving cream,shaving brush around. Don’t just go out and get any low-quality brush. Remember, you’ll be using it on your face. The great thing about these accessories is that they are inexpensive. So getting a better brush isn’t much of an issue.
Escali Shaving Brush
Best of The Best
Perfecto Shaving Brush
Parker Shaving Brush
In general, you want to get one that’s made with good badger hair. If you don’t like to spend a lot, you can skip the silver tips and still get great ones with those that are a pure badger and best badger.
OUR CHOICES FOR THE BEST SHAVING BRUSH
- Pure badger hair and real wood
- Soft and indulgent bristles
- Apply shaving cream fast and get a real wet shave.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- 100% Badger hair bristles
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Brings water to the face for that perfect, true wet shave
- Creates a perfect rich lather
- Badger hair, extremely soft and dense!
- Long Loft
- Black & Chrome Handle
- Brush Stand Included
- Handmade for Outstanding Quality.
- 100% Pure Badger Bristles
- 22 mm Brush Knot
- Handmade for Superior Quality
- Long Loft Bristles for Extra Lathering Ability
- Acrylic Brush Stand included
- 20 mm handmade brush knot
- Lucite brush stand included
- 100% silvertip badger bristles
- Chrome based handle
- Packaged in a gift box
Understanding the Types of Brushes
Now before going ahead and looking at our reviews and choosing your shave brush, you’ll want to know a bit about them. More importantly, not all brushes are alike.
The first thing many will notice different is the handle. Many brands will give you different looking styles and looks for handles. But the most important thing you want to this part of the brush is how comfortable is it in your hand. And also how well you can grip it.
Regarding use, feel and effectiveness you’ll want to know the type of bristles used by the brush. Here’s what makes a cheap brush different from an expensive, high-end one.
These are the following types of brushes. And they’re based on the type of hair they’re made from.
- Horse Hair
Badger is the best type while boar will give you the coarsest feel. That’s why our choices in our reviews cover are all badger. Now, within this style, there are different types of badger brushes available too, and here they are ranked by quality lowest to highest (which also means cheapest to most expensive for the most part):
- Pure Badger
- Best Badger
- Super Badger
- Silver Tip
For a more detailed explanation, here’s a video.